Scott's Pet Store on Ogden Ave.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I drove by today and saw that they had "Under New Management" on their sign. Hopefully, it's for the better bc the last time I stopped there the place was a wreck. Anyone know anything more about the change?

WeePee

i really miss their old store off 31st.
they always had amazing coral for a fair price.

mlreef

I really miss them as well. Scott by the way opened up another store over in Oak Park off of Harlem and Madison street. Its not as large as the one in Westchester but he is trying and the prices are very decent.

Reeferman

I stopped by Scotts on Ogden and they had the "Under New Management" sign up so I asked about it. I was told the Dr. that purchased Scotts is simply changing the name. So, same owner, same prices (some where around fair) and same disorganization...

NEUTRON

Growing up in Cicero and getting into this crazy hobby, allergic to everything but reptiles and fish, Scott's in Westchester was the place to go and spend all my allowance. Beef sandwiches at Paul's and blow the rest in Scott's. I learned a good deal of my fish knowledge by being an annoying kid who read too much and asked way too many questions. I have delved into many different occupations and now work in the aquaponic gardening field. I worked at Scott 's and value everything I learned while working there. I hope all the systems are being handled and things are being kept up.

NEUTRON

Scott is in Oak Park and has a great selection. Still has the atmosphere of a place to openly talk fish.

BADGUS

Scott is a nice guy,i have seen a few of you guys in there already.I have bought a couple fish there but mostly dry goods.

anicemess

Had terrible experience at Scott's on 31st with my first saltwater tank several years ago. Leaky tank, lights had to be replaced, ballast had to be replaced, tank had to be repaired. All 'new". "Live rock" that wasn't. They sold captive seahorses as tank raised. Employee told me they never fed the fish because they wanted a quick turnover. I will never give them my business again. They have a small shop on 63rd St between Harlem and Archer Rd but of course I will never go in there. Scott's is crap.

Mikej714

Place is def a wreck! I actually picked up a 210g oceanic from there for $200. They have a few left, they are in the garage behind the store if anybody is looking. The tanks are a lil scratched and I think I got the best one but $200 is still cheap.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Had terrible experience at Scott's on 31st with my first saltwater tank several years ago. Leaky tank, lights had to be replaced, ballast had to be replaced, tank had to be repaired. All 'new". "Live rock" that wasn't. They sold captive seahorses as tank raised. Employee told me they never fed the fish because they wanted a quick turnover. I will never give them my business again. They have a small shop on 63rd St between Harlem and Archer Rd but of course I will never go in there. Scott's is crap.
I think you got there after "Scott" had actually sold it. The new owner kept the name bc of its reputation. The one on 31st St was the place to go for SW stuff. I don't know about the one on 63rd St.

BADGUS

Scott's new place is on Harlem/Madison and is very clean and has healthy livestock.He's always helpful and is willing to work with anyone.I highly recommend this store.