Setting up 55 gal for Hypo

SteveV

I have a 120G, LR and coral. Bought a fish the other day and now have MI. Was bad for 1-2 days and now I don't see spots but have read that the ich is still in the tank. Since I can't treat the DT I set up my 55 gal as a treatment tank. Have a Eheim 2217 and I took a bunch of filter floss from my DT and put inside a mesh bag for biologic (Floating around). Was only a week or two old so not sure if that will have enough for all the fish? 3 small tangs, Fox Face, long nose and one clown. Fox Face was the newest addition. I moved to QT. All the rest are still in DT. Should I move them all over (Hypo) or just leave it alone and see what happens??

beetlenut33

Premium member
If you want to completely eradicate the ich from your fish and display tank, you will need to remove all fish from the display. After all fish are removed, you need to leave the display tank empty for 8 weeks minimum. During this 8 week period, treat all of your fish for ich using 1. hyposalinity, 2. TTM or 3. copper.

SteveV

Understand I want to do Hypo. Do you think I should move the rest of the fish all at once or let the bio build up in the 55?