Should I get rid of it?

Smitty

Premium member
Hello everyone, I need a lil help making a decision...I have a 1.5 in long polyp leather about a few inches from my sps corals, and was wondering if I should move him or just get rid of him? The only reason why I wouldn't want to get rid of him is because he's the only coral from my old 55 gal before it was killed, but I wouldn't mind because I'm trying to focus more on sps's and lps's. So what do you all suggest?

mr_z

I'm only a text or call away if u wanna Get rid of it lol. I think it looks nice tho and if that was the only thing that survived from my other tank I'd be wanting to keep it unless it brings back bad memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
Yeah, I seen you eyeballing it the other day...lol. If I do decide to get rid of it, it's yours. I have mixed emotions about it tho.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I say give it away as these will get big in time. Just focus on things on your list to get : )

Dont look back but move forward !!!

mr_z

yeah true about moving it very hard you couldnt even get the mushrooms unstuck lol.

Spoofer

I'd dump it... sorry to say, but if your focusing on SPS's and that leather will only get bigger and shed often enough to annoy SPS... just my two cents.. hope it helps.

Smitty

Premium member
I'd dump it... sorry to say, but if your focusing on SPS's and that leather will only get bigger and shed often enough to annoy SPS... just my two cents.. hope it helps.
That's what I'm thinking also...thanks for the advice. :)

Greg

Leathers are generally a no-no for sps tanks. Id get rid of it due to the mucus alone. Health of all corals goes above any sentimental value. :)
I wont even have any anemones/lps/softies/ect in my sps tank. 100% sps just incase. Even then, I have to be careful with so many different species in one tank.
Im sure many people can give it a good home.

Smitty

Premium member
Yeah, you're right Greg...I've just peeled it from the rock it was on and glued it to a small piece of rock rubble.