Site was down 5/17/2016

jrpark22000

Premium member
Hi all,

The site went down yesterday due to a hardware fault at the hosting company. I have been very happy with all their help to get us recovered. We were back up and running this morning, but there was database corruption due to the hardware failure. The hosting company thought they had it all recoevered early this monring but as the day went on, we knew there were an unknown amount of users who lost all their data.

The current status
The site was rolled back to the last backup, taken early in the morning on 5/13. This copy of the site DOESN'T have any posts made since then. The GOOD NEWS. I have a copy of the corrupt database. I will work to get it up on the backup CR website so I can help you get any important posts, so you can report them.

The original problem
A hardware fault within the hosting company affected a lot of Virtual servers. They were able to move the VMWare containers onto a new platform, but there was a corruption within the InnoDB for our VPS. The problem is completed and is no longer afffecting us in any way.

Looking forward
I'll work to get the other site up and operational. Otherwise post here if you have any further problems. I'll also keep this thread updated as time goes along.

enzo1028

Premium member
Thanks Josh. Glad it's back up, [MENTION=2612]anarchy[/MENTION] and I were starting to go through withdrawals lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anarchy

One issue ive see on tapatalk is the picture doesnt even go with the post. Heres what i mean

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
I'm going to try, maybe I'll go quick enough I can get the backup CR site going with the corrupt database tonight. That way atleast the folks who still had usernames and posted from 5/13 - 5/18 can see their posts and then copy then on to this site if they wish.

jrpark22000

Premium member
One issue ive see on tapatalk is the picture doesnt even go with the post. Heres what i mean
Looking it over, I think it's due to how tapatalk cache system works. I've a few more things to try including a plugin upgrade to see if it'll kick start the system, but on my phone the images have been fixing themselves with time.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I've got all the database tables updated, cache rebuilt and other maintenance tasks all completed. Nothing can back reporting errors or corrruptions. The backup chicago1reefs site is up and stable, but there is one gotcha I'm still working to try and fix. The "search" hotlink at the top of the page link back to chicaogreefs.com. So to find your own posts for now go into your profile and search for recenh posts or threads.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I've got all the database tables updated, cache rebuilt and other maintenance tasks all completed. Nothing can back reporting errors or corrruptions. The backup chicago1reefs site is up and stable, but there is one gotcha I'm still working to try and fix. The "search" hotlink at the top of the page link back to chicaogreefs.com. So to find your own posts for now go into your profile and search for recenh posts or threads.
ok, I've fixed the "SEARCH" link on the backup site www.chicago1reefs.com It's now easy peasy to search for any threads or posts.

I'll keep the backup site up for a little while, but it can't stay open to the public per licensing rules.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Looking it over, I think it's due to how tapatalk cache system works. I've a few more things to try including a plugin upgrade to see if it'll kick start the system, but on my phone the images have been fixing themselves with time.
It's all but 100% confirmed a problem with tapatalk's cache system. There are several posts in the tapatalk forums where after forum owners reporting the problem to them, it magiaclly fixed. If any of you actually did research on how tapatalk tracks all of your clicks and sells them to 3rd partes, you may think twice about using their "free" app :D

jrpark22000

Premium member
Ok a couple more days and I'll take the backup site off line for public viewing. I'll keep it up behind lock and key for a couple weeks, PM me and I'll pull anything you need.

It's all but 100% confirmed a problem with tapatalk's cache system. There are several posts in the tapatalk forums where after forum owners reporting the problem to them, it magiaclly fixed. If any of you actually did research on how tapatalk tracks all of your clicks and sells them to 3rd partes, you may think twice about using their "free" app :D
I hate that tapatalk crap, but people like to tell everyone they are tappin their threads all the time.