Skimmer for 28 JBJ Biocube

CienFuegos

Premium member
Looking for input on a skimmer for my 28g JBJ Biocube. I'd rather have something can can be placed in one of the chambers in the back of the tank vs a HOB since I'd like to add some sort of small fug for pods...

Venom

Premium member
The eshopps was pretty decent for the price skimmed good. The magnet wasn't the strongest wanted to slide down but that was a easy fix.

CienFuegos

Premium member
So I went with the Tunze DOC 9001 skimmer and it's in the middle compartment. The only issue I have now (and someone made a good point about it) is that the water from the DT flows into that same chamber. I was thinking of adding a sponge between were the water comes in and the skimmer but I'm starting to have second thoughts...

View attachment 13740

charris24

I ran an IM ghost skimmer in my middle chamber (same tank) with a foam block in that same area, no issues at all. Just have to rinse out regularly or change. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bafia

Hmm I wonder if a skimmer for a 12 gallon would be okay.. Probably overkill! I was given a free mini reactor for my jbj 12, but imo, that is not needed for such a small tank! (Correct me if I'm wrong)