Slow page loading & errors

EyeReef

I experienced it a few times..unfortunately we are on a shared server...so if traffic picks up on this site or another we could experience lag...hopefully it doesn't become too much of a problem.

mr_z

i wouldnt doubt it if it was comcasts equipment. it sucks if you have an older modem take it to your local comcast office and have them switch it off for a newer one. but if its working fine just leave it alone. it is good to reset it like once a month so it can refresh itself tho. and i was wondering will you have a home server so you can host yourself and not have any issues?

mr_z

let me guess direct tv? or did you just make that your avatar pic for the fun of it.

Pufferpunk

I'm so glad the back button kept my post, it was a long one & I already deleted it 1x by mistake! Said my session had timed out but I was only one for a couple of minutes.

mr_z

he said it was a shared server. it be nice to have a home server where he could host off of. it not that hard i had one running just need a computer with a microsoft server operating system and add quieter fans since itd be running constantly. set it up stick it in a corner where no one will bother it and host. :) when i had mine i used it to share music movies pictures and random stuff with friends and family.

goby1kenobi

This. Site. Is. Slow.

Seriously, I get to 90% page load after about six to eight seconds, and then wait another six to eight seconds for that last 10%. It's aggravating. General rule of thumb for web design is you have four seconds to get a page 80% loaded, or your reader will give up and go elsewhere.

But after I logged in to post this, it took 32 seconds to completely load this page. That is *forever* in page loading terms. Most of the problem is the smilies, because there are so many that are animated. I'd say pick 8-12 of the ones you think will see the most use, and leave the "more" link for the rest (especially the ones with complex animation).

EyeReef

Hi Ananda, It definitely is extremely fustrating. I am on a shared server so it varies. Another forum I own is on the same type shared server and it has 10x more traffic and has yet to experience this type of lag. I will give the server company and see what they can do. Sorry for any inconvenience.