SPS eating video!!!

nvdiz

that is awesome! i've always believed they ate plankton, just haven't seen a video of it before.

ColaAddict

The best way to feed them is to probably turn off all wavemakers and spot feed them. As you see in the video, they are slow eaters, but you can probably get them to grow faster by feeding them.

Greg

I have to turn all pumps off and spot feed mine. Otherwise stuff just gets blown around and they barely catch any. Waste of food.
I wake up for work at 4:30am when its dark and all polyps are out. I feed each coral. Let em eat while I take a shower and get ready for work. Right before I leave, I turn everything back on. If you feed something with large polyps you can see them eat. They even poop later in the day. Just like lps/anemones.

I feed my sps 1-2 times per week. Some are difficult to feed due to really small polyps. You just gotta hope they catch some. If not, no big deal, feeding isnt manditory having good lights. I would highly recommend it though. It isnt hard or time consuming at all.

Greg

I use a whole bunch of different zooplankton that comes in liquid bottles.
Havent decided which is 'best' since its hard to tell.

I usually buy brightwell aquatics reefsnow / 'zooplanktos' since its readily avaliable. Those 2 I use the most.
I tried the 2 little fishies 'ZoPlan', but I dont like the dry stuff. Its too much work to feed.

They also sometimes catch the cyclopeeze I feed.