SPS--how often do you feed?

ColaAddict

I just have a question about SPS's. How often should I be dosing my tank with phyto. I use Marine Snow and usually feed once a week. I don't have much SPS right now, a few frags, but I'm thinking of trying to add more. Should I be dosing the tank more often than once a week? How often do you guys feed your SPS's? Oh yeah, and what do you think is the best food for them?

EyeReef

I do not feed my sps directly. I feed them indirectly by feeding my fish a lot and their poop feeds the sps :)

Stonefish13

Not necessarily. Do you have any filter feeders? Coco worms, feather dusters, sea squirts? Marine snow feeds any filter feeder you have.

NewSchool04

Marine Snow is a waste of money for feeding anything. One of the biggest rip off products ever introduced to the public.

As far as feeding my SPS, only light and whatever is left over from feeding the fish.

ColaAddict

Hmm... but Jason is right, I do have some Christmas Tree worms and some of my rocks are covered in what looks like mini feather dusters.

Stonefish13

I'm not saying I'd recommend it but as long as you have it you might as well use it. But from now on I'd stick with phyto.

Smitty

Premium member
Another good food to feed the tank is cyclopeeze...it's suitable for anything in the tank.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I had some raw shrimp in my freezer that I put in a blender with some clean saltwater. I processed it until it was all small pieces. I target feed that to my corals and the leftovers are eaten by the fish.

MMreef

I feed mine SPS with cyclop-eeze twice a week about an hour after lights go out.Also dose Coral-Amino by Brightwell every day (10 drops).

imbuggin

is marine snow a marc weiss product? I don't remeber. As a rule EVERY single Marc Weiss product is garbage snake oil. Mostly suggar water