Strange nudi... WTF? Mini-lettuce nudis?

pacmann117

Got a good video of these two creatures: they came off of a single montipora frag. I've seen monti nudis, and these are not them. Anyone know what they are??

Here are the ones i just found

Here is a monti nudi closeup for people who say they are monti nudis, I dont think they are.

I don't see any eggs, and can easily kill them. Just curious.

Last edited:

pacmann117

They are not going in, thats for sure. I worked in the industry for a long time, and have never seen small ones quite like these. Not zoa or monti nudis, yet there are three within the frag bag. I pulled the frag from the plug and carefully scraped the edges just in case of eggs... then dipped.

cet98

those do not look like baby Lettuce nudis to me Ryan....I had babies in my tank back in '09 and they looked exactly like the mother....green and white spots all over with the flowing ruffles on top...
yours appear to be yellow and tan with long "tentacle" like fins....IMO I would try to isolate them for closer inspection....

crabbygabby

Not a lettuce nudi in the classical sense, as those are elysia crispata, which this is not. But very likely an elysiid, possibly an elysia obtusa.