Supplemental cheap actinic led tape?

930reef

Hi!

Recently set up a 4 gallon nano/pico on my desk at work. Only softies (2 zoas and a leather, plus kenya tree, mushroom here and there, nothing exotic). The all in one light is fine for growing, but the actinic setting leaves something to be desired on color pop (I realize I'm complaining about a cheap, small tank. Not complaining :)

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on adding a small tape of a few more blue LEDs for pop. Would the cheap sticky tape ones on Amazon work for this? I'm not looking to get any growth out of the extra blues. Just color pop when I have only blues on.

Wondering if the 12 dollar self adhesive waterproof LED strips will give me any pop on zoas. Thanks!

trackfast

Princess Trainer

930reef

I've never had luck with the stick-on strips. The adhesive doesn't seem to stick well in damp conditions and I always get a burned out light in a short period of time. What I use now are blue led lights that come in a glass tube. The suction cups on the last one I bought have been holding up well so far. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Submersible-Waterproof-Acrylic-LED-Light-18-28-38-48CM-Bar-US/273536802863?var=572943341435&hash=item3fb010602f:g:x2wAAOSwrQ5b2mnC
Those are great. Thanks!!