Talk about awesome timing!

FishBeard

What a way to end the night, couldn't have had better timing!

Literally one day after bringing home my new pair of snowflake clowns for my reef tank, my skunk cleaners decided to spawn! So now I have a tank flooded with baby shrimps floating everywhere, and tons of them keep floating into the critter keeper holding the snowflakes. The little guys couldn't be happier, gobbling up everything that is floating into their temporary digs... They are even smart enough already to know what part of the lid the most are floating in from and are ambushing the shrimp as they enter. Its so entertaining and satisfying to know they are getting a great meal their 2nd night in the tank! This should really help them grow out a little faster so they can be released sooner! I even managed to take a quick vid showing them hunting, will probably get that uploaded to photobucket tomorrow after work.

That is all, just wanted to share!

FishBeard

Here are the videos as promised. First one was of the fish in a net breeder (which sucked), and the 2nd vid is after lights out, with a simple cree flashlight shining down from above the tank, if you go full screen you can see the baby skunk shrimp swimming around a few times during the video. Its hard to see but the smaller one was camping the top of the critter keeper and just let the shrimp float right into its mouth rather than chasing them down, the video was probably 10 minutes after the feast started and significant amounts of shrimp had already been devoured by everything from the clowns to the acans in the tank.

DJE

That is pretty awesome that the skunk cleaner spawned at just the right time for your pair of snowflakes. Talk about welcome home.lol

FishBeard

I wish my cleaners would spawn!
Not all it's cracked up to be, pretty much like getting a free baby brine feeding once every couple weeks or so, I'm not even sure if they could survive in captivity if I tried collecting and growing them out. Every time it's happened I was caught off guard by it anyways, it's just awesome to watch the show when it does happen.

Crooks

No I didnt have a table at the swap. I did bring a couple pairs for some poeple and had one pair in Suliman's tank for most of the day.

FishBeard

Nice clowns fishbeard .. !
Thanks, Crooks gets to take credit thou, I just picked em! Definitely happy with my purchase. Little guys were actually hosting in a small rbta I put in the keeper with them within an hour or so, funny thing is the smaller one kicked the bigger one out, and there has been a lot of dancing so far, but no clear winner yet who will end up being the "boss"...