Tanked

DJE

Thanks Scott for the reminder. I just set this on the dvr so I don't miss it. Looks like they build the tank for the church Mark(MMreefcrazy) wanted to go. Lol

MMreef

Yeah,just ok .It is mostly about building custom tanks for rich people,not really show about fish and their care.They trying to be funny too,sometimes works and some other times it does not.

rattyE36

Another thing is from what I can tell not only is it going to be about building rediculous tanks but I also think they do mostly fish only work. I don't think we'll hear much about any reef content.

BADGUS

Yeah i caught the last few mins of it,seems like a neat show,atleast we can relate to what they do.Hope it gets better.

fastrc

Well i think we can get idea's from it is only reason ill watch it,I'm always looking for weird things to build

rattyE36

As you guys watch, more you may notice a few things that will annoy you based on the knowledge that you have about keeping fish. Like how in the first episode they were almost literally throwing thousands of dollars worth of fish into a tank thats been running for like 10 minutes. I'll still watch this show for the entertainment of it but I'm not expecting to learn a whole lot. If I were looking for a show to learn more about reefs etc.. I would watch Planet Earth or something.

This show reminds me of a Pimp My Ride type show but only for fish tank enthusiasts. What I mean by that is car enthusiasts watch Pimp My Ride for entertainment and a good laugh but they would never actually do any of the ridiculous crap that they do on the show. I think for most of us Tanked will be the same way. I'm looking forward to the second episode. I've got it set on my DVR.

MMreef

As you guys watch, more you may notice a few things that will annoy you based on the knowledge that you have about keeping fish. Like how in the first episode they were almost literally throwing thousands of dollars worth of fish into a tank thats been running for like 10 minutes. I'll still watch this show for the entertainment of it but I'm not expecting to learn a whole lot. If I were looking for a show to learn more about reefs etc.. I would watch Planet Earth or something.

This show reminds me of a Pimp My Ride type show but only for fish tank enthusiasts. What I mean by that is car enthusiasts watch Pimp My Ride for entertainment and a good laugh but they would never actually do any of the ridiculous crap that they do on the show. I think for most of us Tanked will be the same way. I'm looking forward to the second episode. I've got it set on my DVR.
+1 totally agree with you

fastrc

But with all the GREAT reality shows were made to watch each week maybe one for us might be a little better! lol

DJE

Haha Pimp My Ride. For me this show will be purely entertainment. At least I can have my TV back for an hour.lol How about Pimp My Tank with Joe Rogan. JK

rattyE36

Or how they take a puffer out of a tank & torture it, so it'll puff with air...
U talking about when they are like shopping for fish and they'd sit there and pick the fish up and hold it for 10 mins while they analyze it and talk about it....yea that was not cool.