Time to change my car

tinman

ok so its finally time to change my car and just seeing if anyone on here has any hookups with the dealers in chicago :)

thinking about a Honda CRV ..

on the other hand any other suggestions in its class ( CRVs class) thats better than it in terms of economy and maintanence ..

on the third hand any of you intrested in a 07' Mini Cooper S ( needs a little work done but if you know any handy men it would be a fun drive )

skyon888

I've been looking at Mini's for a daily, but have been looking at usually older one's with high mileage as I don't want to spend much. If you'd like to PM me what kind of work needs to be done and your best price that'd be cool.

beetlenut33

Premium member
Check out the new 2017 Mazda CX-5, it's hitting show rooms in April and a really nice car. Interior looks much better than a CRV. Mazda gives you luxury feel at an economical price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mooney190

Subaru Forester. All wheel drive standard, great gas mileage, and the safety is amazing. Mazda does make a nice CX 5, but the"standard" features are a bit weak, so there base price may be good, but you will spend at least 5-7 thousand more to get some upgrades. Stay away from the Ford escape, they are death traps. The power train of the newer Jeep Cherokee kicks ass, and safety is also really good. I am not a huge fan of the design, but for safety purposes, gotta throw it he Volkswagen Tiguan in the mix.

I do casualty claims litigation, so I deal with people who are injured from motor vehicle accidents, so I see crashed cars all day every day, and my #1 concern is safety.

ninjamyst

Premium member
Please don't get new. I used to only get brand new cars and regret it so much. 3-4 years used luxury is best. My friend just bought an used 2014 Lexus IS350 for less than a brand new Accord. Car tech don't change much now.

tinman

thanks for the input fellas :)

basically narrowed it down to Subaru outback, Honda CRV or well a sedan honda accord or subaru legacy, unless i can find a really good deal on a Used ( 2-3 year old Beamer)

so [MENTION=3712]Mooney190[/MENTION] do you think Forester is much safer than the Outback ?

yup [MENTION=2045]ninjamyst[/MENTION] almost new cars always made more sense to me than Brand New :)

Mooney190

[MENTION=814]tinman[/MENTION] your choices are very different. The CR-V and Outbacks are two different size classes. The Forester is the same class as the CR-V. Safety wise, Subarus in general are just built really well. As far as BMW goes, they hold up well, but one thing I've always been held up on is the premium gas they take.

Joe5688

[MENTION=814]tinman[/MENTION] your choices are very different. The CR-V and Outbacks are two different size classes. The Forester is the same class as the CR-V. Safety wise, Subarus in general are just built really well. As far as BMW goes, they hold up well, but one thing I've always been held up on is the premium gas they take.
with gas prices being so low, even for premium gas prices have become a non issue. i have 3 cars, 2 premium and 1 diesel and i'm never say damn, this is gonna be exepsnive to fill up lol. It's still always 30-40$ haha

xj_matt

Premium member
I run premium in my car as well, and it's a v8 .... who cares about mpg, and prices lol if you like the car/truck/suv that should not stop you in My own opinion

Mooney190

I wish I didn't have to think about gas, but I drive about 85 miles per day, and with premium gas being about 20 % more expensive than regular, it is a problem for me. Also, premium cars are purposely built heavier than other cars, I order to provide a smoother ride, but the heavier the vehicle, the worse gas mileage you get.

xj_matt

Premium member
I wish I didn't have to think about gas, but I drive about 85 miles per day, and with premium gas being about 20 % more expensive than regular, it is a problem for me. Also, premium cars are purposely built heavier than other cars, I order to provide a smoother ride, but the heavier the vehicle, the worse gas mileage you get.
5200lbs Beast of a car I drive lol

Mooney190

Yea.... So I drive 85 miles per day, at 280 working days, so that's 23,800 miles a year. Currently, gas at about $2.30 and I get 22mpg, I spend about $2,488. ....You have a large v8 running premium. If you drove the same as me, at roughly 12mph, and premium is about $2.75, you would spend about $5454 per year. Now, think of what you can do with an extra 3 grand per year if you do consider gas costs. That's a lot of killer coral. Or, if you save the extra 3k per year, and drive your car for 8 years, that's $24,000 you have to spend on your next car, while you would need to finance an extra 24k.
Don't get me wrong, if I made a million dollars a year, I would not give a shit lol. I got a wife and son at home that I would rather take on vacation every year, than have to tell them "sorry, but daddy's car is expensive to put gas in, so maybe Disney world will have to wait another few years"

xj_matt

Premium member
Yea.... So I drive 85 miles per day, at 280 working days, so that's 23,800 miles a year. Currently, gas at about $2.30 and I get 22mpg, I spend about $2,488. ....You have a large v8 running premium. If you drove the same as me, at roughly 12mph, and premium is about $2.75, you would spend about $5454 per year. Now, think of what you can do with an extra 3 grand per year if you do consider gas costs. That's a lot of killer coral. Or, if you save the extra 3k per year, and drive your car for 8 years, that's $24,000 you have to spend on your next car, while you would need to finance an extra 24k.
Don't get me wrong, if I made a million dollars a year, I would not give a shit lol. I got a wife and son at home that I would rather take on vacation every year, than have to tell them "sorry, but daddy's car is expensive to put gas in, so maybe Disney world will have to wait another few years"
I completely understand, I only drive 22miles a day big diffrents I am far from millions lol.... i have a kid as well she loves daddy's car hahaha