To original light or not to original light?

BigBarnacles

Any Nuvo owners out there using the stock lighting? I threw a test zoa colony in my nuvo and they seem to be happy. I'm not looking into putting any SPS in there (that's what my 75 is for).

tinman

Not essentially
6 LEDs - $20 approx
2 drivers - $ 35 approx
Glue and wire to solder - $10
You can ever put all 6 LEDs on a single driver and use the moon lights that are on the nuvo light

Change that nuvo light into awesome DIY led and you can even grow sps in there

m.miller1547

Not essentially
6 LEDs - $20 approx
2 drivers - $ 35 approx
Glue and wire to solder - $10
You can ever put all 6 LEDs on a single driver and use the moon lights that are on the nuvo light

Change that nuvo light into awesome DIY led and you can even grow sps in there
To add. Make sure u get a nice lil fan. The IM sky light LEDs cone out with one screw. There will be a thermal grease between the black metal housing and LEDs. Simply remove. Place LEDs where old ones were. Put moonlights and silver grey color cover over LEDs. If done right nobody will know u altered it besides your corals.

BigBarnacles

To add. Make sure u get a nice lil fan. The IM sky light LEDs cone out with one screw. There will be a thermal grease between the black metal housing and LEDs. Simply remove. Place LEDs where old ones were. Put moonlights and silver grey color cover over LEDs. If done right nobody will know u altered it besides your corals.
That sounds sweet. I've ordered another setup in the meantime (see my build thread). Only problem...I have no idea how to do anything you just described. However, as soon as I get some extra coin I'll hit you up if you wanna help me.