What are these tiny worms?

I found a few of these little worms under a magnetic plug today during a water change. I have never seen them before and only found them under this plug.(I have another plug close by and it had nothing behind it) I have looked through the hitchhiker guides posted here but found nothing similar except Polychaete - Myrianida. They were pretty fast moving and moved like an inch worm. I did not disturb them and put them back in my tank. Any ideas guys?

Hey thanks for the reply, I am pretty familiar with penut worms that come out in the dark but these were much smaller and freeroaming. I should have included that the fram disk is about 1 1/4" wide. Been searching online still and I'm stumped....

madjoe

Premium member
I always find those i thought they were baby bristle worms never looked into them. They dont seem to do bo harm

Rcunning8

Premium member
I would have thought baby bristle worms as well and not looked back but on a closer look it seems like they have a striped pattern no? Very peculiar. I would dip and get rid of them cuz I'm paranoid like that but they are most likely harmless update the thread if u find an I'd I'm curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Those look like broken off legs of small brittle stars?

For some reason, I always get small starfish on the bottom of my plugs.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Those look like broken off legs of small brittle stars?

For some reason, I always get small starfish on the bottom of my plugs.
As a matter of fact....you can see the tiny body of the starfish too. It's near the center of the plug.

Rcunning8

Premium member
I think [MENTION=1455]Sawdonkey[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a matter of fact....you can see the tiny body of the starfish too. It's near the center of the plug.
haha You just made me think I was crazy because that seemed very believeable lol. I had to think back if i slid the disk around on the glass and grinded a star up but I just got out of bed to go check on them to put my mind at rest and they are still there and clearly have a head. I took a video now let me see if i can find out how to upload it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
haha You just made me think I was crazy because that seemed very believeable lol. I had to think back if i slid the disk around on the glass and grinded a star up but I just got out of bed to go check on them to put my mind at rest and they are still there and clearly have a head. I took a video now let me see if i can find out how to upload it.
I'm serious, I think it's a starfish. What has a head? If you have one brittle star in your tank, you probably have tons of them.

Look at the similarities between your "worms" and these legs. Plus the body appears to be there too.

Last edited:

#theMatrix

Those come in mariculture pieces. I got some also.....

But my wrasses pick them off. My melanaurus used to now he doesnt care for them. My new potters wrasse seems to hunt better since his not used to food dropping down from the top. But he eats everything also

I don't think those are Antenas. Those look like feelers

Last edited: