What should I do?

Pufferpunk

I never said they weren't invasive. I always told anyone who purchased them that they can take over a tank & they may not want to keep them in a nice reef. I still think they are great for FOWLR tanks, as long as you keep them in check. I always argued they were not majanos & do not sting. Majanos do sting.

I fed that sea apple powderede foods 2x/day. Kept it alive for about 6 months.

All the LR is out of here but it's now the sand that smells. Jeff is stopping by tomorrow to get the tank & sand out of here. Good suggestion about those crystals, thanks!

Crooks

I will be pressure washing my rock that was covered in them. I am not really into bleaching rock its already been outside for 6 months so everything is dead. Just need to clean it up before recycling.

scotty

bottom line, nothing we keep is natural, even the variety of coral that would NEVER find themselves next to each other, do in our tanks. 2nd bottom line, jeni can keep whatever then hell she wants, and doesn't need to justify anything she puts in the tank. If it is sold in a LFS, more power to you, I know this will continue to come up repeatedly, so we will have to keep saying it.

however, the sea apple probably wasn't the best addition, but that is your decision not ours.

part of husbandry is research, and if you do your research and come to a conclusion to keep it, who are we to say your dumb for doing it? meh exit soap box.

arioch

I actually wanted a frag of those mojos for my 1.5gal pico, but I missed the last swap and now oh well. :)

Pufferpunk

It was my best selling item, because folks thought they are cute. I never have sold a single one without explaining the possibilities of their taking over.

arioch, If you are serious (I can't tell by the way this thread is going), I may still have a couple in my DT. I find it easy to control them in there. You can PM me about it.

Anyway, the tank is dead & so is this thread. I am looking forward to starting it over with way prettier, more diverse corals.

ColaAddict

bottom line, nothing we keep is natural, even the variety of coral that would NEVER find themselves next to each other, do in our tanks. 2nd bottom line, jeni can keep whatever then hell she wants, and doesn't need to justify anything she puts in the tank. If it is sold in a LFS, more power to you, I know this will continue to come up repeatedly, so we will have to keep saying it.

however, the sea apple probably wasn't the best addition, but that is your decision not ours.

part of husbandry is research, and if you do your research and come to a conclusion to keep it, who are we to say your dumb for doing it? meh exit soap box.
I wasn't criticizing Jeni, I was trying to defend her advice to others to not buy the sea apple. And I don't care how much you research something, some things are just hard to keep alive, and will crash your tank if they die, but you buy at your own risk.

Pufferpunk

I lost the mantis when we lost electric a month ago. I'm really glad I didn't replace him. Got some AC in the house now. Thanks for your kind thoughts.