Where do you buy pods?

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I've been getting them from algaebarn.com. A mixture of two types of copepods; no amipods. I am trying a new vendor via eBay. I'll post details after I get my shipment. No more reefs2go for me.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I understand guys, but that was a different thread. This one isn't a GB, just a place to find where people can buy them from.

I'll clean this thread up, just to keep it on track.

Milhouse

Premium member
I was buying them from Mitch at Booya's. Good price and always a good education while youre there.

Drdavis

Premium member
I just bought rotifers from Phyto Pharmer on eBay and they showed up looking good. For Copepods I like the tigger pods from reed and have bought from reefs2go before with good success, I know that is not always the case but I have not had a problem.

Last edited:

jsanchez

7hog is right reefs2go has good amphipods. And isopods... And gorilla crabs. They sent me a few of those with my pods. They do not sell you a mix of amphipods and copepods they ONLY sell amphipods(and isopods for free)

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I just got my order from an eBay seller. His name is rumenrumen and his feedback score is 208; all positives. He only sells copepods and no other items. $19.95 for a 16oz bottle of pods and USPS Priority shipping was $6.15. I bought it on Sunday and got the bottle in today's mail. Bottle is shipped in reflective pouch with a heat pack. (Heat pack was cold by the time it got here.) He threw in a frag plug and a tube of super glue gel.

The bottle is FULL of pods. When held up to the light you can see a ton of swimming. 3000 in the bottle? I would guess even more than that. I would definitely buy from again.
View attachment 7324View attachment 7325

lunacris

i just ordered pods from ebay seller mentioned above ^ rumenrumen, i will post when they get here thanks for this thread :)

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I got another order from algaebarn.com today. If nothing else, they ship/arrive fast! :) It was copepods only for me and both bottles looked full of them. I did contact the vendor about longer lasting heat pads for next time; at least it's finally getting warmer around here this weekend.

NoSurfInAZ

If you guys are interested in copepods, I have been breeding them along with rotifers and Phyto. I use them to feed my fry. If you guys need a reasonable source of pods, I can ship. I’ve shipped successfully as far as NY and FL several times. But in the way of commercial companies that sell copepods, Reed Mariculture is an excellent company. They are pricey but they’ve got good bugs. No comparison to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
i just ordered pods from ebay seller mentioned above ^ rumenrumen, i will post when they get here thanks for this thread :)
think he went by the name of Angel , bought from him for years phone # disconnected and emails come back undeliverable :) maybe retired and livin the life on a beach somewhere
Bryan