Who tests for Potassium?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I have read that low potassium causes slow growth and poor polyp extension in montis. When I see other people's montis, I'm always envious of their PE. I don't have a K test, so I don't know what my K is at, but I do know my PE is not stellar. My forest fire colony grows, but not like a weed like I've heard they often do.

What K test do you use? I've heard that Salifert is the only one worth using, but it is literally sold out everywhere.

I've read that K is not rapidly depleted in most tanks, but in Zeo tanks it is depleted in partly because the zeolite stone and partly because of the increased bacteria. I run biopellets, so I do have a high bacterial load, so is it likely that I have low K?

I'm sending in my Triton test tomorrow, so I'm curious to see what it returns.

madjoe

Premium member
I always had crappy polyp extension on my monties and your right i get jealous when i see other peoples tanks with crazy pe on monties . I gave away big colony of forest fire for that reason when i had less sps and did fewer water chsnges monties were happy even took some and tossed in my dirty pony tank and polyps were great i figured they just like sirty water lol