Will My Stand Hold??

jcarlilesiu

Not sure what you mean by "upper extension". Are you talking about the tank that is full in the video and running?

Your nano is going to weigh in probably just under 200 pounds. Sit up there and see how sturdy it is.

Keep in mind too that plywood doesn't have great long term deflection characteristics. Meaning, you can put a load onto plywood and it will not deflect much. Overtime though, the fibers and layers of the plywood start to flex which ultimately means that it starts to deflect more. Water in plywood greatly accelerates this process.

You span is so short, I think you will be fine, long term as well.

jcarlilesiu

The upper extension is the "box" on top of the normal stand. I'm going to add a little extra bracing this week just for peace of mind.
Ahh, I got you.

You already have water in there and everything looks good, so I think you will be fine. Just watch out for long term bowing as the plywood is stretched. If that happens, you could add bracing at that time as well. I don't think that any catestrophic failure is going to happen though.

xtlosx

Better safe than sorry... it would not be cool to come home to 28g of reef water on your floor!!