Wish me luck...

jrwoltman

One of my clownfish has some kind of internal parasite. :-( Telltale signs of white-stringy feces, not eating, swimming listlessly in the back of the tank. Just ph matched and am temp matching a bowl RO to hopefully help the little guy out. As the title says, wish me luck...

Good luck brother! I remember my wife calling me one day telling me my 10yo clownfish was dried up on the floor. She threw him back in and he was back to normal a couple of hours later. Clownfish are pretty dang hardy! Crazy how attached we become:)

jrwoltman

Sick fish are more easily captured. He already had his dip and has been returned to his aquatic paradise. Unfortunately, he went straight to the back of the tank. Hopefully, he will eat tonight and recover.

jrwoltman

Does it work . Any meds in the dip?
I recognize that it is unconventional and possibly ineffective to dip for internals, but have read that a few people have had success with it. No meds in water, just a quick 5 minute dip to attempt to help the little guy. He swam fully upright the whole time and did not seem to be overly stressed. Condition seems to be the same. Hopefully, he will eat when I feed the tank, soon.

madjoe

Premium member
I recognize that it is unconventional and possibly ineffective to dip for internals, but have read that a few people have had success with it. No meds in water, just a quick 5 minute dip to attempt to help the little guy. He swam fully upright the whole time and did not seem to be overly stressed. Condition seems to be the same. Hopefully, he will eat when I feed the tank, soon.
Well good luck keep us informed internals is so tricky to treat since most meds need to be ingested and usually fish wont eat . So be nice to have another type of treatment

jrwoltman

Was out in the front of the tank and eating a little, tonight. Still has a small strand of white stringy feces, but positive feeding behavior has me hopeful.

wrasse

When others did a freshwater dip, what happens? Isn't there suppose to be flukes, if the fish has them, coming out of the fish?

#theMatrix

Flukes arnt internal as far as i know they stick to the skin. And the salinity change from a freshwater dip causes the flukes to panic and jump ship.
Depending on how deep they were burried they can leave wounds and that in turn can cause infection.

jrwoltman

Well good luck keep us informed internals is so tricky to treat since most meds need to be ingested and usually fish wont eat . So be nice to have another type of treatment
Totally healed!!! Did the dip work for internals? I have no clue, but it certainly didn't harm him. Feces is finally normal, behavior-playful and rambunctious, feeding response-ravenous! Thanks again for the support, Joe!

madjoe

Premium member
Totally healed!!! Did the dip work for internals? I have no clue, but it certainly didn't harm him. Feces is finally normal, behavior-playful and rambunctious, feeding response-ravenous! Thanks again for the support, Joe!
Wow thats great news . Keep eye on it for while longer just in case but wow amazing