Wood stand paint???

Hello all. I'm finishing up my stand for my 180. I just got it primed and was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences were with different types of paint. It is going to be white. It has been skinned with the same wanscot paneling on the wall it's going up against. The wall has an eggshell finish. I'm wondering what type of paint I need to use that will put up with the environment.

View attachment 15966

Thanks

jp_75

I am actually a painter and did mine with Benjamin Moore Advanced paint! Highly recommended!!! If you have a JC Licht store near you pm me for discount on paint. It is very durable paint with no smell!

Mr. Thingdoer

I'm a big fan of high quality oil-based brushing enamel. Reduce it with mineral spirits to help with leveling.

Last edited:

goatous

I'm a big fan of high quality oil-based brushing enamel.
+1 on oil-based enamel

One thing to consider, the smoother the finish - the more durable it is. For example a "flat" finish will not hold up as well as "high gloss" finish. The trouble with the higher gloss finishes is it shows every imperfection in your surface and every painting error.
A lot of ways to apply, the best is with a sprayer but a smooth finish foam roller is my go to.

goatous

Another thing to consider with paint is what causes it to fail and a common way is moisture in the wood causing the paint to "bubble" off. Considering the many opportunities for stray water to get on or under the stand, I would prime and paint prime every surface of your stand to minimize the opportunity for water soaking into the wood and then bubbling the paint.

Mr. Thingdoer

Another thing to consider with paint is what causes it to fail and a common way is moisture in the wood causing the paint to "bubble" off. Considering the many opportunities for stray water to get on or under the stand, I would prime and paint prime every surface of your stand to minimize the opportunity for water soaking into the wood and then bubbling the paint.
I also silicone caulk every joint, pocket hole, etc...