XM bulbs

jcarlilesiu

I picked up a double ended 150 watt 15K bulb today to replace one of my existing 10K. I used to have two 14K and the wife thought it was too blue. Then, the two 10K were too yellow.

I digress. I am not happy with this bulb. I have to remove my whole light canopy and remove all of the cords from the tank that sits in the corner of the room. Once I got the fixture down and replaced a couple of T5 atinics, I inserted the new bulb, rubber gloves and all. Waited for the other bulb too cool down and finally fired the ballast back up to let there one burn in.

Nothing. Quick flash out of the existing bulb, and then the ballast went into safe mode. Waited awhile, fired it up again. Not even a flash. Took it out reseated it, changed the orientation, still nothing not even a flash.

Went and got a 250 ballast, fired it up and finally the thing flashes and lights. Let it burn in for 15 minutes and then shut it down. Let it cool, hooked it back up to the 150 ballast and it lights. Yay! I put everything back together put the light back up on top of the tank get all of the cords and timers fixed. Fire the ballast back up. Nothing.

Urgh! Try again, nothing... try 6 times, nothing. Just the existing bulb flashes and it goes into safe mode. Pull the bulb out frustrated, put the old one back in and it fires up immediately.

Never again will I buy an XM bulb.

Sent on tapatalk for Android

P.Olsen

What a pain and they usualy make a decent product, I hope you are abe to get your $$$ back, dont wait long get it back asap..