Yuma help

KiLaGo

I am having difficulty getting my Yuma to attach. It is sitting on a flat rock about 4 inches above the sand in a 29 gallon biocube. I have it enclosed in a PVC pipe 1.5 inches long and then a small glass bowl on top of so there is no to little waterflow.

It opens up fully during the day and looks great, but it just won’t attach. Based on how fully it is opening, I would think it is happy where it is at, but I don't know. It’s been 1.5 weeks since I have tried to get it to attach in this spot.

Should I give up and move it somewhere else. I run my lights about 10 hours a day, but they are currently the stock biocube lights. I have read Yuma’s don’t like a lot of light, so I tried to place it as close to the bottom as I can, but could it still be getting to much light. Should I put it on the sandbed? I am trying to figure out why it won’t attach and I am thinking it must be with the light but I really don’t know. Should I just give it some more time? All of my water paramters check out with the API test kits. No nitrites, nitrates, amonia, phosphates. Also, I don't think it is being bothered by any nearby coral. I just have zoa's and trumpet coral, but they are not within 4 inches of it.

BADGUS

You can put the piece of rock in a plastic dish tray on the sandbed till it attaches or rock rubble in same tray and then when it does glue the rubble where you like.[/]

FishBeard

Yumas are just really finniky. I had a big beautiful deep orange with purple base yuma in a nano, it thrived, opened to 3.5"+ during the day. I upgraded to my 60g cube and when I moved the yuma over, acclimated properly, and it just never got comfortable in the tank no matter where I placed it until it withered away, bleached out and melted. If its opening up and happy where you have it, id suggest leaving it there for some more time and see if it takes hold. They are a close cousin anemone, make sure to give its "foot" a place to grab hold, a flat surface might not be ideal for it, why its not taking hold of the rock.