Zip codes

wrasse

We often trade or sell on cr and a great deal of the time we are far away from each other or we may be in each other's neigborhood and not know it. This is especially true when people say they are in Chicago, it's kind of a big city.

If we knew other members zip codes we may make our experience with the community better.
Can we make it easy to know other people zip codes? Or at least have it be an easy option to find out on others profiles. Or make it easy or suggested that members provide their zip codes.

jrpark22000

Premium member
It's already an option. It's not mandatory field, leaving it to each user's choice. We have many members who don't even like sharing their first name unless you're a friend. Thanks for the suggestion, just too many people would refuse to participate or make something up if it were mandatory field making it useless.

madjoe

Premium member
I found i give people zip codes and they still cant figure out im to far for them til they already said they coming its not a bad idea just dont expect it to fix stupid lol

wrasse

I looked at basic info and location is listed but there is no line item under zip code. If zip code was listed maybe people may use the zip code. As a bonus the mapping function may benefit.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Bumping this BC I'm getting tired of asking where someone is located. Letting others know where you are located would cut down on useless chats and emails.

jrwoltman

Bumping this BC I'm getting tired of asking where someone is located. Letting others know where you are located would cut down on useless chats and emails.
Yeah, I never quite understood why people are hesitant to list where they live. I guess some people just want to add a touch of the mysterious to their profile?:dontknow:

#theMatrix

Ive been to madjoes...
The firstbtime i went to victors....i wasnt sure he was that far. Untill i said i would go. Then I HAD TO GO. ...ive been to victors twice now. I think everyone ive met i also try to keep in touch with usually even asking questions about coral and systems.

I try to post on for sale topics about the guidlines about putting location

So how about when making a post for that section it sort of be like selection base?

Where it says title. Let there be a section where it can say.

Location and price.

If posible with bbulettin categories.

#theMatrix

Putting "suburbs" instead of a city doesn't narrow things down either.
True. But i dont post much for sale. And the one time i did....all the guidelines were followed.
Im usually the one buying. Not selling. This goes more for sellers.

wrasse

It's already an option. It's not mandatory field, leaving it to each user's choice. We have many members who don't even like sharing their first name unless you're a friend. Thanks for the suggestion, just too many people would refuse to participate or make something up if it were mandatory field making it useless.
I started this thread on zip codes a while back and I was wondering if you could make zip code a line item under profile or even do:
Location / Zip Code
You don't have to make it mandatory, but come on South East Chicago is in your back yard and mine to, Orland Park. Where other member say I am in Chicago and they are in West Ridge. I know I don't make it there alot. Those two part of Chicago are an hour apart without traffic.
With a zip code "option" we could let people know more easily if another meber is even worth contacting. Meaning, with them zip info I am not going to drive one hour, or commit to it, to get a $10 frag or sit waiting for some one saying I'll be at your place in 10 minuites when they are 50 minutes away only for an hour latter to get a text say sorry dude you are to far away.
So, not mandatory, but easily optional may improve site.

Thanks

Last edited:

jrpark22000

Premium member
I started this thread on zip codes a while back and I was wondering if you could make zip code a line item under profile or even do:
Location / Zip Code
Thanks
Vbulletin doesn't give me the option to change the wording or fields. I'm sure thre's a way to edit the source code, but it's above my coding skills.