14g Biocube crashing

Siebo

Premium member
I am stumped as to what is causing this. Pic below of what was/ is in the tank. Tank has gone down hill over the past 2 weeks. All LPS has died and some sps. Others lost all color. All z&p's are closed

I change 5g of water per week.

Po4 .23
No3 is .75
Nitrite is 0
Ammonia is 0
Alk is 8
Cal 420
Mag 1300
Temp 80
Sal 1.025

Checked for stray voltage.

I have done two 5g wc's and have been running carbon. Little to no change.

Maybe my son put something in the tank? I looked for coins and objects.

The clown, crabs and snails are fine.

Before:
View attachment 7703
Now
View attachment 7704

Last edited:

tinman

What fish are In that tank ?? I really doubt the kid putting anything in, Ask Mason, he is pretty smart and would answer I guess.

How often do you feed the tank ?

Jep21

Maybe something in ur tank.. Did u add anything to the tank recently? My 6g tank did that and then after i added a wrasse everything went back to normal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColaAddict

that's why nano tanks scare me, so easy to crash. Your best bet is to keep doing water changes. whatever is causing it will get diluted eventually with water changes. if everything already dying, then do bigger water changes, instead of smaller ones, since you don't have any other choice.

Siebo

Premium member
Thanks for the ideas guys!

Chad, sorry about your loss...How about the temp?
Temp has been steady at 80

What fish are In that tank ?? I really doubt the kid putting anything in, Ask Mason, he is pretty smart and would answer I guess.

How often do you feed the tank ?
Just one clown. I asked him and he said no but I have caught him with the lid open looking down at the coral too. Knows all the z&p's by name! How can I get upset when says "the vivid rainbows are so pretty daddy! I love them! " lol
Feeding is just a pinch of pellet daily

100% water change then let it stabilize?
This is the next step IMO too!

Maybe something in ur tank.. Did u add anything to the tank recently? My 6g tank did that and then after i added a wrasse everything went back to normal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think some thing in the tank for sure. Just don't know what. I have not adding anything to it though in a few months. I had a few FW's and treated with FW exit about a month and half ago. Everything open back up nicely after that though and I have done weekly WC's since.

that's why nano tanks scare me, so easy to crash. Your best bet is to keep doing water changes. whatever is causing it will get diluted eventually with water changes. if everything already dying, then do bigger water changes, instead of smaller ones, since you don't have any other choice.
Almost a 100% change is next.

elite01

So sorry to hear about this Chad. Let me know when you get it stabilized and I have a few frags for you to restock it with.

Siebo

Premium member
So sorry to hear about this Chad. Let me know when you get it stabilized and I have a few frags for you to restock it with.
Thanks for the offer but I have duplicates of almost everything in my big tank! Easy to replace.

madjoe

Premium member
That sucks i wouldnt have the patients to keep sps in a nano or any coral but my gorganians doing good . Good luck i can throw u couple frags when u ready