180g Peninsula

KJAhp098

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here quite a bit lately so I figured I'd put a little build thread here.

I just started the cycle of my 180g last week. I plan an SPS dominant tank with a few nice chalices here and there. Below are the initial pics. It's been a while since a cycled a tank so any tips are appreciated.

KJAhp098

New French Bulldog (Moose)

I haven't bought the lights yet but it will be 3x 250 watt halides with 2x 60" VHO strips.

Flow is 2x Tunze 6105 with a Tunze wavebox

Thanks for looking

madjoe

Premium member
wow this is gonna be cool . the dog too lol stand is sweet but yea im guessing sump in basement or what ?

KJAhp098

It's hard to see, but there's a 40 breeder with an ATB elegance pro skimmer and a CPR Aquatics refugium.

I don't know yet what to put in the fuge. I was thinking a DSB, rock rubble, and chaeto. Any ideas?

wipe

It looks great. As far as cycle I like cycling with a big whole head on shrimp in a nylon and let it rot with no skimmer but with current flow. Is that a pipe made to look like a coral branch? Nice job love the pup in the tank.

KJAhp098

It looks great. As far as cycle I like cycling with a big whole head on shrimp in a nylon and let it rot with no skimmer but with current flow. Is that a pipe made to look like a coral branch? Nice job love the pup in the tank.
Thanks. I'm using freeze dried shrimp and mysis shrimp inside a mesh bag like you said. The rock work is actually several zip tied pieces of smaller rocks together as well as Marco Rocks mortar. I tried to get the entire formation without using the support on the end, but the final few inches took it over the edge.

wipe

I thought it was a return pipe putting flow out to the end (disguised as a big old piece of coral branch).
I like the shrimp cycle method no hitchhikers or disease coming into your beautiful tank.

latinreefer

Hey Ken
It's been awhile, no more tank in the living room anymore, the basement will probably work better for this set up. Look forward to seeing those sps corals, you always have good taste in your sps selection.

KJAhp098

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'll keep the updates coming as it becomes more established.

Eric, I bought the lights from amazon. There are so many different settings with 20 different colors of lights. Disco party to come.

Robert, ya thanks...my mom couldn't see that tank leave any quicker.

rekcahdab

Hey what's the graphs on the monitors? The ones you can see I'm the reflection behind the dog.

Martini and Rossi Asti Spumante