2.5 gallon fluval spec

Darienreefs7

Saw this bad boy at aquarium adventure for $35 and thought why not get a desktop tank? And then I thought of all the zoas and ricordias I could stuff into it. So I got it. Here it is now

Using some rock from my 125 and gonna grab some sand too. No fish, just zoas and rics.

enzo1028

Premium member
I went to get one and someone snagged the last one in front of me! You should throw some sexy shrimp in there with the zoas and rics.

cet98

cute tank....but with that WP and that rock, it looks like you're tank is half full already.... :p

what light you got on it?...doesn't look like the included kit light

Darienreefs7

cute tank....but with that WP and that rock, it looks like you're tank is half full already....

what light you got on it?...doesn't look like the included kit light
Went a little far with the wp10 but that's all I had lol. And this is stock light

And this is 3× Panorama pros lol
Pics don't show how much better they are. They are much more zoa friendly too ?

cet98

yeah...trust me, I know how chitty the stock LED pico fixtures are...I bought an Evolve 8 and the stock light couldn't grow hair algae.....replaced it almost immediately ;)

I see you added more rock....stop it....you're running outta room.... :p

Darienreefs7

yeah...trust me, I know how chitty the stock LED pico fixtures are...I bought an Evolve 8 and the stock light couldn't grow hair algae.....replaced it almost immediately ;)

I see you added more rock....stop it....you're running outta room....
Changing scape around lol and I know I was gonna upgrade lighting right away hah

Darienreefs7

So as far as filtration. I have chemipure elite, purigen, some carbon, and established marine pure spheres all tucked in the back compartment. Will this be good enough? I plan on doing biweekly WCs and utilizing a Kalk dripper.

cet98

think the Chemipure, Purigen and Carbon all basically do the same thing with exception of a small amount of GFO in the Chemipure Elite....I think you'd be better off just running with quality carbon and maintain a strict WC regime and you'll be good to go....and no need to dose Kalk if your keeping softies....

Darienreefs7

Ammonia pretty undetectable
Nitrates- 1 or 2
Did I skip a cycle? I think I'm gonna add some bio Spira add see where that takes me. I put some mysis in there to bring nitrates up. Prolly gonna take out the purigen.

Sc34dx

Awesome little tank! I gave my bud my evolve 8 that he used for a hermit and is now turning it into a saltwater tank..love the picos

Darienreefs7

Cycle has been completed. Gonna start putting some starter zoas as a test soon. Tank evaporates much slower than I thought. It loses maybe a 1/4 cup daily.

Darienreefs7

Been really busy with the 125 and soccer, so I haven't been playing around with the 2.5. Tested the params and NH3 and NO2 were at 0 ( salifert ) and NO3 was at 10. Pretty happy with the levels so gonna get some sexies and some nice zoas soon.