2.5gallon pico

polskiaudi

So had a 2.5gallon that I use to use to keep minnows, white clouds, guppies for when I was growing out my peacock bass when they were tiny. So decieded to make a pico. Was thinking about filtration and ended up making a false wall filter using a 80-100gph pump which I might get a bigger one. For lighting im using a panarama pro blue/white led. So here are some build pics. Thinking about possibly getting a clown goby or 2 and maybe a small shrimp

My 5.5 pico and 2.5 pico

mr_z

Any updates on this I have the same 2.5 gallon tank and want to do something like this bit no false back I'm imagining something a bit different after I saw yours but what do you use in the back for filtration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polskiaudi

Any updates on this I have the same 2.5 gallon tank and want to do something like this bit no false back I'm imagining something a bit different after I saw yours but what do you use in the back for filtration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its still runing but with only live rock and sand in there. i just have a filterpad and liverock rubble along with a small ~100gph power head as a return pump. you could go with a small aquaclear hob filter and convert it to a mini fuge. like an ac30 which is rated at 150gph. or get a aquaclear 50 and just switch the impeller out to an ac20 or 30 so it will be only flowing 100-150gph instead of 200gph.

polskiaudi

if i have any silicon left i will probably clean up the tank and scrape all the coraline off. i might try to make a fuge in the back.

polskiaudi

started on the 5.5
going to finish it up tomorrow. just need to decide on the way im gonna make the baffles in the back.

polskiaudi

update on the 2.5 pico.
just got bunch of random liverock pieces and rubble in there.
got a really tiny cleaner goby. was going to put him in the 24g but i seen the blenny eat pieces of food the size of the goby so i put him in the pico. here are some pics.

the goby is right along the slicon on the left side above the rock.

a cool shot using a fisheye lens

polskiaudi

I had it laying around from a while ago. But if you go Menards they have sheets of black acrylic for around $10-15 depending on size, also figure in the type of pump, and some silicon.