2 ai prime hd's over 20 gallon long enough for SPS

jamo130788

I have 2 AI prime HD over a 20 gallon long- looking to make a little sps system out of it and was wondering if those 2 lights would be sufficient. Have enough flow for sure.

If not was looking at getting a reefbreeder photon

Any comments would be appreciated

thanks

ssky

20 long is not too dee. IMO one should be enough. They are quite powerful especially the HD ones.

goat585

Administrator
I would think two would be better due to the light spread. 1 would need to be hung pretty high to get the full width of the tank covered and you would probably have a lot of light spill over the front and back of the tank.

Funlad3

[MENTION=1075]kerber13[/MENTION] has two AI primes over his 20 gallon Innovative Marine peninsula; they work fantastically, but I would definitely use the two instead of just one.

ssky

Well. Maybe you guys are right but I still think if placed correctly, one should be good but honestly haven't tried them

goat585

Administrator
Well. Maybe you guys are right but I still think if placed correctly, one should be good but honestly haven't tried them
If you are at the Aquarium Extravaganza in a couple of weeks stop by the booth. I will have a prime running if you want to see one in action

ssky

What is "Aquarium Extravaganza". Can you provide some information. I would love to if it is within drivable distance.