2 Displays, 1 Basement Fish Room = Hazy Water

Vapour1ze

I notice when my filter socks are off in the basement and I just leave bare pipes to drain into sump my water in the 220 looks hazy... 93 not so much (maybe because smaller footprint) When socks are on it's better as it's tripping a lot of the bubbles in the socks I'm sure...

Is there anything I can do to clear up my water? It seems there is quite a few bubbles/particles in the water column. My socks clog every 2 days and it gets annoying changing socks every stinking two days... I heard someone mention "VINEGAR DOSING WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT!" But, I've never experimented with that and am somewhat afraid.

I am running carbon. Full Phosban reactors worth and changing bi-weekly. Running bio pellet reactor as well.

Running a Skimz Monzta SM302.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Current FTS: If you see where the overflows are you can notice the haze...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127231142@N08/shares/6pY314

Your tank looks good. Are you sure they aren't micro bubbles? I just figured I would start with the simple. I still have micro bubbles half way through my basement sump, but with an 8 ft run, they manage to bleed off. It's the fact the socks seem to make a difference, that I'm not sure if Vinegar dosing would help.

Vapour1ze

Your tank looks good. Are you sure they aren't micro bubbles? I just figured I would start with the simple. I still have micro bubbles half way through my basement sump, but with an 8 ft run, they manage to bleed off. It's the fact the socks seem to make a difference, that I'm not sure if Vinegar dosing would help.
A lot are micro bubbles. I see them pouring out of the return pipes into the display. Not horrible. But I notice them. I think it's because the collisions into the sump and then they don't have time to get trapped out before leaving the sump again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Vapour1ze

Bubbles coming from the return line? Could be air in the line or a bend?
Yea but I'm saying I can watch microbubbles leaving the sump. From the drain region. I can watch them travel through bubble trap and get sucked out. My flow through sump is fast. Maybe I could slow flow down a bit. Or just continue to run socks.

#theMatrix

Photo of the sump?

Make a difuser? Place something/plexi/eggcrate with some kind of netting to diffuse?

I once placed a filter pad on shroud around my supply pump ...it helped.

If your saying you can see bubbles leave the sump how are they making it mainly to one tank. Are the supply pipes same diameter to both tanks? Similar bends straight up? Also.
Is your overflow drain pipes to sump hanging above sump/into sump?

Vapour1ze

Photo of the sump?

Make a difuser? Place something/plexi/eggcrate with some kind of netting to diffuse?

I once placed a filter pad on shroud around my supply pump ...it helped.

If your saying you can see bubbles leave the sump how are they making it mainly to one tank. Are the supply pipes same diameter to both tanks? Similar bends straight up? Also.
Is your overflow drain pipes to sump hanging above sump/into sump?
Yes hanging above sump. And they are in both tanks... I'm afraid of building a diffuser sponge solution. I feel if it clogs badly it could be a disaster downstairs... Not sure how fast or how porous the holes should be.