Quad rainbow
rainbow
La Sunkist
La purple tip Sunkist
La orange speckled rainbow
Rose

ultimatemj

Rockin' colors!

In the last pic, are those Blastos next to the nems? Now that my flame has "settled in" I'm wondering what I move near it...

Rich130981

Rockin' colors!

In the last pic, are those Blastos next to the nems? Now that my flame has "settled in" I'm wondering what I move near it...
Yes those are blasto's. I have some nems that don't sting any corals, and then I have others that sting everything.

ultimatemj

RBTAs that do and don't??? or different types of nems?

Have Nems touching Blastos generally done ok for you? Or just the Nems that don't sting anyone?
How have you "figured it out" without loses?!?!

SkullV

RBTAs that do and don't??? or different types of nems?

Have Nems touching Blastos generally done ok for you? Or just the Nems that don't sting anyone?
How have you "figured it out" without loses?!?!
I've had an RBTA sitting up against an SPS colony and neither seemed to care about the other. On the other hand I had an rbta walk over a couple zoa colonies and destroy everything in its path. From what I understand the strength of the anemone's nematocysts varies from specimen to specimen and based on health and other environmental variables. Of course there are some that are just known to sting more, like haddonis.

Rich130981

I only have bta's. I have around 25 to 30. Out of those around five have stung corals. When I noticed coral getting stung I relocated the Nem or coral. Which ever is easier. Currently I have nems on top of zoas. Zoas are doing just fine. I also have a stinger on a few magician palys and they are not doing fine. I left the Nem there though because I have 100+ magicians. Don't mind losing a mini colony.

My main stingdrs are my gonzo sunburst and rose. My least aggressive are my rainbows. They have been on or near a large variety of coral.

To answer your question I don't mind the rainbows touching blasto. I would not leave the blasto near the rose or gonzo. Yes nems touching have been fine because only my nems that touch everything have been in contact with them.

Rich130981

My rbta has never split, Iv had it almost 2 years, Is there a reason why?
Yes, from what I've read there are two types. Ones that split and ones that don't. I have a quad that hasn't split in 5 years while others I can force a split with an 80-90% water change with slightly different water parameters. I'm guessing one day he might but for the life of me I cannot force it to happen

I gotta stop by again sometime and check out your collection. I didn't get a chance to last time. And of course once you start selling some of those beauties I want to know. Particularly the purple rain and one of the really nice rainbow/flame ones.

Rich130981

I gotta stop by again sometime and check out your collection. I didn't get a chance to last time. And of course once you start selling some of those beauties I want to know. Particularly the purple rain and one of the really nice rainbow/flame ones.
I got the purple rain yesterday and he is tiny. maybe 1". It will be months before he is ready to split. Hes so small I can only feed mysis. I think krill would be too big.