20 day poly growth under aqua illuminationss vega color

saltysweet1

Ok here I wanted to show some of the growth I'm getting using my Vega color over my five gallon bow front. The light is an inch over the water line and no channels driven higher then 30 percent. Light cycle starts at 630 am and ramp up till 10 am and start to ramp down at 730 and darkness at 930. Each color begin to ramp up and down at different times and rates to change the color with sunrise and sunset . Tank has a simple whisper 5/15 hob filter with some ruble rock and some cheto in the intake side with two white brigelux leds threw the top for growth. On the output side I just use a polyfilter to catch debris. Tanks been up and running for three years. I just added a small clam to it about a week ago. I'm curious to see what happens. But I have had stone very good luck with animal. But here are some pics. I bought a single polyp and was kinda worried but within a few mins in the tank it opened up. All pics are within a 20 day period. It popped out four new polyps kinda fast. I had one other go from having four polyps to having twelve in the same amount of time. But I wanted to show the single one. Lol.

jayjigga

Glad to see growth, but certain palys are known for being great growers, like the GoW. Good sfuff. Find a slow grower and see how you fair.

saltysweet1

What do you suggest me trying? I going to be getting s few chalice frags in a few weeks . The tank is kinda packed now though. I will have to move a few things. And I just did add the clam. He is just a baby. 1.5 inches. But I needed a small one inlay being a five gallon. And it's holding three fish three sexy shrimp and my harlequin shrimp.

tinman

The slowest growing I have heard is the wow paly, fecking thang popped 3 heads in three months