210 reboot

Ikaros70

Hello,
After having to take some time away from the hobby, it is time to reboot the 210.
Some years back, my Achilles tang disappeared and just couldn’t find it.
Moved rocks, sifted through sand, it was like the thing just disappeared.
Next day, I got an ammonia spike, which crashed my tank.
That was a horrible day.
Fast forward several years and the tank is back up and running.
Tank has been online for about 4-5 weeks now and I am slowly adding fish.
Tank kinda looks like a desert wasteland at the moment but it will get there with time.
Here are a few picks of the tank in its current state.

Attachments

Ikaros70

Need to mention fritz Zyme turbo start.
I had head from a LFS that this stuff works well, also read same online. Gave it a try and to my suprise the tank cycled in 6 days. Crazy but the stuff truly works, tanks been fine.
for anyone that’s starting up a tank, I would definitely use this stuff again.
I have had marine tanks since the late 90’s, early 2000’s and was always used to tank cycle taking 4-6 weeks, I was amazed as to how quick my tank cycled with this stuff.

Attachments

Ikaros70

The main tank light fixture is an older current USA MH/T5 combo that I had upgraded over the years.
The original current USA electric ballast just didn’t drive the MH very well, par was not great.
Ended up swapping out the ballast to M80 and that woke that fixture up. Running Phoenix 14k hqi MH, I swapped out the T5’s with an led retrofit kit.
Will just have to see how that goes when I start to adding corals, I can go back to T5 If need be.

Attachments

Fish_wiz2

Welcome back! Your tank is a blast from the past and I miss those days, I don't see many Tunze Turbelle's and MH anymore when at one point in time they had an iron grip on the hobby. Seems like everyone now runs Vortech's or Gyres and LEDs, definitely keeping an eye on your updates, let's see if old tech can still keep up with the times.

Best of luck!