220 Gallon upgrade!!!

cubanreef

So I have my 1200 Gallon Tank at the car wash but I needed a personal one too lol

I had a 125 for 2 years and everything was great...

Most of the fish are at the carwash so it is time for an upgrade and bigger is better!

The transformation has been a journey but it is coming together

The tank has been running for 5 months but the rock has only been in for 1 so the water is cycled and the rock is all dried so we can start fresh

Enough talk lets get to the Pics :loldude::

Heres a quick pic that shows how white the rock is, I have had my maroons for 2 years and they are very tolerant of my two percs in the neighboring anemone
View attachment 8947

This big guy is my flame hawk who loves all the rock work
View attachment 8962

The blue lights at night, I have 3 150 MH with atininic and white PC on the side and then Marinelands reef LED's on the front to supplement
View attachment 8961

Iphone pics are the worst lol put this is my skimmer, trying this new brand and it is working great!!
View attachment 8960

Refugium pic....Its small, but should be sufficient with all the live rock
View attachment 8959

All the sand and refugium mud is still on my other setup and will be cleaned and transfered soon.
View attachment 8958

Pic of the whole sump.... 60 gallons and my favorite sump I have ever used, all custom made and has lids over 2 of the sections
View attachment 8957

Here are the lights and their temporary position, the canopy fist over them and the LED's will be mounted to the canopy
View attachment 8956

Favorite little clown that loves his home....he only leaves it for food
View attachment 8955

Heres a close up of the Hawk....his eyes crack me up
View attachment 8953

Little Blue tang that eats like a horse....I see him swim the full span of the tank at night
View attachment 8952

Heres the big fish in the tank, she is a lot more peaceful than people say maroons are, I guess i lucked out
View attachment 8951

This is whats left of the old tank still running but its days are limited...Can't put the canopy on the new tank until all live rock is dried and put in the new tank

One piece of live rock left
View attachment 8950

Beast of a chiller... will clean it out and it will be maintenced for next spring
View attachment 8949

True perc on the right and false perc on the left
View attachment 8948

Thanks for looking and can't wait to really get going on this one!!!

cubanreef

They have so much personality and are always walking around lol
I have to finalize the aquascaping and then this tank can actually start looking good

cubanreef

Just added 6 Onyx Clowns and I introduced them to the other clowns by putting the little guys in a fish trap for a few days and then caught the other clowns and put them in the trap....Worked great!

The little clowns are in the hammer coral and in a pvc jungle gym until a LFS has another Mag anemone....

Special Thanks to Goat585 for the fantastic fish

cubanreef

Time for a little update!!!
Tank has been running and the rock has its first dots of coraline!
Had a little bit of red slime break out but is is all but gone now
switched from the precision marine skimmer to the reef octopus sro 3000 ( very happy with the switch)
Bought all new bulbs for the tank and the color looks fantastic!
Not many other additions, but did stop at sho tanks today to pick up some new little fish

Here are a couple pics:

Picture of the tanks with the lights...I could not stand the color of the 10K bulbs with 50/50 power compacts so I switched to 14K with 454nm Power compacts along with my marine land LEDs in the front
View attachment 10030

New skimmer, it has been running for a few days and is just amazing!!! the bubble blaster pump works great and it doesn't make almost any noise
View attachment 10031

Picture of the custom sump, it is finally starting to break in
View attachment 10032

New addition from Sho Tanks, a lovely blonde Naso tang
View attachment 10033

Nice pair of diamond gobies
View attachment 10034

Whats a reef tank without a cleaner shrimp
View attachment 10035

blonde naso is in, and patrolling the tank, cleaner shrimp found a nice rock to hang upside down
View attachment 10036

Diamond watchman goby chilling in the back, has some cool blue spots on his face
View attachment 10037

cubanreef

The color as they get older is fantastic! its still a baby so if it gets streamers I will be very pleased

cubanreef

He does!!! I bought 6 and sold 4 away to some friends and they are just amazing!.... I will buy from him again for sure

cubanreef

ya hes still in there, and I was aware of the risk but he is well fed so we will see lol

the hawkfish isn't too big and the shrimp is healthy and fat so I don't think it will be an issue

cubanreef

Some great new additions!!!

Special Thanks to Reefwise, Reef Imports and Hatchery and Sho Tanks

Some new pics:

A beautiful African Midas Blenny from Reef Imports and Hatchery, it is a good 4 inches and the colors are breathtaking....
View attachment 10943

Reefwise out did themselves on this one, the little guy in the back is a razor tang, hes from the Galapogos Islands. It was great to meet Brian and see his beautiful store
View attachment 10952

Sho Tanks is the place to go for anemones!!!! The picture does not do this ritteri anemone justice. The clowns love it and now have two anemones they can call home...This one is 12+ inches when it is opened up!
View attachment 10951

A very nice hawiian tang from Shotanks, this tang loves his veggie clip
View attachment 10950

This Blue spot #1 from Reefwise is quickly going to become my favorite fish....He loves the little hermit crab shell home I made for him.
View attachment 10949

Reefwise's Coral is second to none....I found this nice big bubble coral, it started inflating as soon as it was in the tank
View attachment 10948

Sho tanks had some really nice Zoas....I don't know the name of these but they look great in both the day light and night light...
View attachment 10947

Brian was spot on with the Rics he got in i picked up four of them and they look great
View attachment 10946

This Hawiian Tilefish was just too cool to pass up, the color of his body is like a pearl and the way it swims is really unique...This was a really nice find for my first vist to Reef Imports and Hatchery
View attachment 10945

Another Picture of the Tilefish, it swims through the rocks like an eel. The tilefish loves to swim with the Yellow Tang as they must be Hawaiian buddies
View attachment 10944

Blue spot jawfish #2 from Reefwise.....he didn't like the hermit crab bed I made him so he has been hovering the rocks, this fish has a ton of personality!!!!
View attachment 10942

Second Picture of the magnificent anemone...the colors day and night really look amazing
View attachment 10953

Thanks for looking:spy:

marius

looks great :)

i also have a hawk fish, the fish is approx 5 yrs old. he can be a bully sometimes :) great personality otherwise.

cubanreef

Dude tank looks sweet! You have 2 blue spot jaw's in there?
Ya!!! I waited to see a "bonded pair" on Divers Den and never did lol so I went to see Brian at Reefwise and he had three of them in one tank all living in harmony.....Super excited that there is no aggression and actually made their burrows right next to each other