240 Gallon Build

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Looks great! What kind of camera and macro lens?
thanks. I’m using my Panasonic LUMIX GX85 that I’ve had for 4-5 years. This is a micro four thirds camera. I’m using a Laowa Venus 50 mm macro lens, which is the equivalent to a 100 mm lens on a full frame camera.

I think I like the macro lens, but I’m still getting used to it. I used a telephoto lens with extension tubes or diopters for many years and thought that setup worked great. I’m not sure the $20 vs $400 upgrade was worth the slight improvement in photo quality?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I’ve had a rough go for a while with the tank. Discovered I had AEFW that I must have moved from my old house….because I hadn’t added any coral for about 18 months. I think I got them when I shared a tank with a friend at a swap and put the unsold acros back in my tank. Should have known better. I chiseled all acros off rockwork and bayer dipped multiple times per week for many weeks. I lost some stuff in the process, but all good now.

Then, I removed my chaeto ball, which seemed to set off a Dino explosion. I’ve been battling that for about two months, but it’s kinda under control.

I still need to work on some equipment and get my stand and light rack clad. Just lacking the time to do it.

Somewhat recently, I restocked with about 30 new acro frags. Not much to look at yet, but I’m excited to watch them grow out.

anyway, here’s some low quality photos of new frags:

IMG_4463.jpegIMG_4462.jpegIMG_4461.jpegIMG_4459.jpegIMG_4454.jpegIMG_4453.jpegIMG_4451.jpegIMG_4449.jpegIMG_4430.jpegIMG_4423.jpeg

Projects with Sam

I’ve had a rough go for a while with the tank. Discovered I had AEFW that I must have moved from my old house….because I hadn’t added any coral for about 18 months. I think I got them when I shared a tank with a friend at a swap and put the unsold acros back in my tank. Should have known better. I chiseled all acros off rockwork and bayer dipped multiple times per week for many weeks. I lost some stuff in the process, but all good now.

Then, I removed my chaeto ball, which seemed to set off a Dino explosion. I’ve been battling that for about two months, but it’s kinda under control.

I still need to work on some equipment and get my stand and light rack clad. Just lacking the time to do it.

Somewhat recently, I restocked with about 30 new acro frags. Not much to look at yet, but I’m excited to watch them grow out.

View attachment 9984View attachment 9985View attachment 9986View attachment 9987View attachment 9988View attachment 9989View attachment 9990View attachment 9991View attachment 9992View attachment 9993
oh man sorry to hear! glad you're back in the saddle.

jp_75

View attachment 9984View attachment 9985View attachment 9986View attachment 9987View attachment 9988View attachment 9989View attachment 9990View attachment 9991View attachment 9992View attachment 9993
What acro is on 3rd photo?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
What acro is on 3rd photo?
Not sure. Tenuis obviously. I traded a bunch of torch heads and cashed in on some IOUs with a local guy. He was just snipping away and loading up my bag with unmounted fresh cuts. Told me he tell me later what everything is. Some are obvious ( like the homewrecker) others I’ll have to hit him up for an ID.