24gallon cardiff

polskiaudi

the tank has been set up for a few years. it was my main saltwater tank but after a while i didnt really take care of it so the sides are completely covered in coraline algea. i will probably endup taking everything and putting it in the empty 29gallon or 40B that i have sitting around and then scraping all of it off. also i need to get rid of the clownfish and 2 damsels i have in there. they are all evil. lost a few fish due to them attacking them. so now i added some more corals to it. Also put on the 72watt led fixture that i picked up from a member on here not to long ago.

here are a few old pics

and here is how it is now

its gonna suck scraping all this off

noticed that there is some sort of encrusting coral growing on one of my zoa rocks. its purple and has tiny polyps coming out of it

polskiaudi

well here are some pics best i can do with an iphone with the tank under leds. even with the blues turned down a bit they still make everything look purple/blue.
i know i will probably get bashed about the fish i have in there but when i was at reef imports i couldnt resist these awesome fish for 9.99 each. So please in advance dont tell me that the tank is to small because i know its a :nono (2):. I should have the 40breeder set up and running in about a month or so. the fish that i couldnt resist from buying were a carpenters wrasse, dispar anthias, and a copperband butterfly. all of them are doing well swiming and look healthy. Once i find myself an ok job i will be able to set up my 210 and then all of them will go into it :smile (2):

cleaned up one side almost all the way

carpenters wrasse is a little camera shy haha

moved over the la lakers that i had in my 5.5g. originaly only had 5 small heads and now it looks like this

[video=youtube;ouiyC6gP5lY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouiyC6gP5lY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

polskiaudi

Was looking at the tank earlier and noticed a few pieces of liverock shifted and couldn't find my carpenters wrasse. I found him after I picked up a few pieces of liverock but he got crushed :(

That is a strange shaped tank. Do you like it? I feel like the curved edges magnify things which could be cool but mostly makes me dizzy. Whats your experience?

polskiaudi

That is a strange shaped tank. Do you like it? I feel like the curved edges magnify things which could be cool but mostly makes me dizzy. Whats your experience?
I like how it looks. The curved glass does magnify a little bit at certain angles but it doesn't bother me.

polskiaudi

an update.
the fish i currently have are
2 snowflake clowns
2 dispar anthias
starry blenny
i gave my copperband to my cousin since he was too big for my tank.
i picked up a few more corals
here are some pics

a cool fisheye lens pic of the sympodium

the new starry blenny

i also need an id on this polyp it has a bright pinkish orange center with a darkpurpleish ring between the skirt and center and the skirt is really bright green

the frogspawn has taken off alot since i moved it from when it was originally in the 5.5 i had set up.

how the tanks are in my room in 2 corners

shot of gsp with macro lens for iphone

was reorganizing all my saltwater supplements and food and found alot of stuff i didnt know i had that was in the basement that i got a while ago from my buddy. here is a pic of everything, so which ones should i dose and which ones shouldnt i dose?

polskiaudi

Any one have any LA laker zoas that they can spare a few heads? The ones I had started to get overgrown by bryposis so I removed them from the plug and glued them to a rock and now they are starting to melt away on me :(