25g AIO

Cubano32

Premium member
Hey folks I been away for awhile but I'm back now and just picked up a small AIO tank. Sorry in advance its going to be a little long post.

It didn't come with stand so had to make one and didn't want just a cheap looking 2x4 stand not that there is anything wrong with one, but the wife was nice enough to let me get a tank again and said it had to look nice and wanted it to match the other furniture so time to build it.

The actual frame I did use 2x4 that I ripped off 1/4" from each end to get those rounded edges off and get a nice square 2x4 and make it so everything sits nice and flush.

For the sides I used 1/2" Baltic birch plywood front face frame i used 3/4" red oak the top trim and bottom trim is also red oak. The shelves are 1/2" birch plywood as well and then I ripped off a thin piece of veneer from some scrap red oak that I had to cover up the edge of the plywood to give it a nice transition. All thats left now is to finish sanding it all down to stain it and make the door.

Equipment for the tank I'm going to be running AI Prime for the light. Return pump I upgraded to the jaebo DCW-2000 which is the biggest pump I could fit back there and it will give me about 528gph. I also replaced the stock duckbill return nozzle for the random flow generator nozzle. It didn't come with an intank basket so next is to design one and cut it out on the cnc. Anyways heres some progress pics on the stand thanks for reading this hella long post lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Cubano32

Premium member
Hey, hey, hey. Nice to see you back. I think all of us take a break now and then. Very nice work on the stand.
Thank you and yea been itching to get back in and was going to wait till after I move for work but work is holding me here for another few years so decided on a small tank to keep my itch at bay lol

Mjl714

Welcome back, stand is looking great. Nice AIO, the IM’s are really enjoyable tanks to own. Goodluck with the build.

Cubano32

Premium member
Welcome back, stand is looking great. Nice AIO, the IM’s are really enjoyable tanks to own. Goodluck with the build.
Thanks I'm not sure what kind of tank this is there are no marking or labels anywhere on the tank I purchased this used from a lfs. Was sold as a 25g so not sure if its even really 25g havent filled it yet to check

Mjl714

Thanks I'm not sure what kind of tank this is there are no marking or labels anywhere on the tank I purchased this used from a lfs. Was sold as a 25g so not sure if its even really 25g havent filled it yet to check

Got ya, I thought you picked up tank from someone on Chicagoreefs. There is someone selling an IM AIO.

Cubano32

Premium member
Hey folks finally got around to staining the stand went with an aged barrel grey that gives the oak Suttle dark streaks in the grain.

Cubano32

Premium member
Update!

Finally got my rock and sand in and just filled her up today. Added a bottle of Turbo start 900 to help kick up the cycle..

Also was able to cutout my baffles for my intank media basket im making ..

Now to wait it out and take my time till its fully cycled