28 gallon build

charris24

I set up my 28 yesterday. JBJ AIO. I don't have the stones to take the top brace off, so I am either going to find a top and retrofit an led fixture in, or just hand an led fixture above. I currently have an IM ghost skimmer in the middle compartment, thinking of removing and keeping the media basket (thoughts?), heater and one mj1200, a small pump on the other side and a Nano powerhead in the tank. I am either going to replace the small pump with another 1200 or replace both. Don't know yet. Just leftover live sand and rock in the bottom, I will be adding to that. Lots of work to do but this is the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jep21

I have the same tank as u and what i did was upgrade the return pumps to two cobalt maxijet 1200's since they are quiet compared to the regular maxijett.. I also kept a skimmer in the middle chamber a tunze 9002 i thnk.. Also i added a cpr hang on the back fuge in the back and have a cobalt neo therm heater since its very reliable and a space saver in the back.. Lastly i have a im mini reactor for carbon

Hope this helps

charris24

Yeah I read up on your 28 tank. I don't know what I am going to do yet. Eventually I may end up doing what you did. I modded the current media basket to hold my skimmer with purigen below it. I'm still interested in the intank basket. And definitely look at your setup as a model. I'm getting an led fixture from maazreef that I think skullv made.

charris24

Finished my cycle the other day. All of my params are perfect and I got to break down my 4 gallon pico and start transferring over! I added an mp10, and my LED lighting and have an old reefkeeper running my lights until I find a good deal on an apex jr.

charris24

Pic heavy

View attachment 7874View attachment 7875View attachment 7876View attachment 7877View attachment 7878View attachment 7879View attachment 7880View attachment 7881View attachment 7882View attachment 7883

From what I read, many people rescape their aquariums often, and I have that same affliction. I am content for now, but I plan on adding more rock so this set up won't last for long. I added an Apex Jr system and a few pieces of coral. Not the best photographer but my best attempts with my DSLR for now.

Jep21

Tank is looking great man.. Keep up the good work

charris24

Thanks guys, I'm slowly getting it where I want. I've Made some adjustments and I think the corals and fish are pleased. Lots of activity and everything is nice and open and seeing what I believe is decent polyp extension on a piece of SPS. Time to let it settle and not change or add anything, maybe some live rock in the near future.

charris24

So I am at a livestock stopping point. I have a torch, green hammer, a bubble tip nem that split the day after I put it in the tank (so 2 btas), green slimer frag, an Acropora frag of some sort, a gold maxima and two other frags I can't remember. For fish I have a young true perc pair, and a black/white occ pair. Now to let everything grow. My LEDs are only running about 50% still, I'm slowly working those up.

charris24

I left off my green Duncan and jack o lantern lepto. I turned down the blues to get better pics.