28g cube modification

m.miller1547

Really nice job! My bc is drilled on bottom and the false wall still there. I like your sump. Nice setup. What's your plans for this tank? Lighting?

dual 36 watt pc's the side with skimmer is going to be the fuge.going to use one pump for return and skimmer. I'm using a kent turbo venturi for skimmer. It's going to be a christmas present for my brother.

m.miller1547

I would expect a loss in efficiency from the skimmer with a shared pump. You should get some LEDs . Pc bulbs are old school. Not to offend anyone.

well have to c its a rio hyper flow 12 that i am going to start with with control valves both ways much better then the stock maxi jet any way. i think the pc's will be ok i dont like leds i think there just a fad. I have the pc's on my 29 and everyone is happy

m.miller1547

well have to c its a rio hyper flow 12 that i am going to start with with control valves both ways much better then the stock maxi jet any way. i think the pc's will be ok i dont like leds i think there just a fad. I have the pc's on my 29 and everyone is happy
Lol. Why not be cool. Oh... Higher par, no bulb replacement, smaller footprint, better color combo, and dimmable. I like to grow corals rather than coraline.

i cant control my coral growth my frag tank is maxed out right now. My friend took his vho bulb off his 125 and replaced them with those expensive leds and his coral stoped self fraging. its allive but not growing like it was very disapointed. I'll stick to what we all know works.

m.miller1547

Self fragging? If you remove t5 and blast em with LEDs you are asking for problems. Each tank is different and corals all respond to many factors. I know and have seen many tank with LEDs and you cant discount them. This is a local reefers. He has 70 something LEDs. Cant argue with his growth.