29 gallon lighting?

epaulette2

i have a 29 gallon aquarium. your standard glass 29. i want to know what lights are the best choice. i have a halide and i have a t5 fixture with 2 bulbs. the halide is a 250 watt i was going to hang the halide about 12 inches above the tank since it is a 250. i am not doing any sps in this tank. only lps and soft coral.

FishBeard

Since you already have it that mh sounds like the best idea. 12"-18" should be fine. I have a 150mh hanging over a 20l frag tank and keep everything from zoas on the lower rack to sps at the top rack with higher flow and all seem happy.

FishBeard

If you had nothing, I would probably recommend the cheapest t5 2 bulb you could get if you never intend to move to higher light corals.

FishBeard

And off-topic but if you decide to drill the tank for overflow, I have the 3/4" and 1" saws. Just bring the tank by and I can walk you thru it, very easy if you are patient. I won't drill for you since I don't want to be responsible if it cracks.

Forfend

And off-topic but if you decide to drill the tank for overflow, I have the 3/4" and 1" saws. Just bring the tank by and I can walk you thru it, very easy if you are patient. I won't drill for you since I don't want to be responsible if it cracks.
Hmm might take you up on this...have a garbage can incase it breaks :lol:. Don't want to bring home glass shards. Dog hair is bad enough don't want to be pulling those out of carpet.

I would need 7 or 8 holes drilled (3 over flow, 2 return and 3 for closed loop). Maybe less, still have no clue what to do.

Sorry for the thread jack.

epaulette2

Hmm might take you up on this...have a garbage can incase it breaks :lol:. Don't want to bring home glass shards. Dog hair is bad enough don't want to be pulling those out of carpet.

I would need 7 or 8 holes drilled (3 over flow, 2 return and 3 for closed loop). Maybe less, still have no clue what to do.

Sorry for the thread jack.
its cool you didnt really take it over.

fishbeard thanks for the offer i will think on it but i dont think i need overflows, but now i know that if i ever have a hole i need drilled i got you.

thanks for all the advice.