30 long build

charris24

Have this under the nano section too, but I'm starting my IM 30 long build. I love IM tanks and skipped the 20 and went to the 30. I love it, nice length, good size, great looks. Here's where we are: IM tank and stand, ghost skimmer and reactor, nanobox quad running off bluefish controller, cobalt neotherm heater, stock pump and mp10.
Once it's cycled I am breaking down my JBJ 28 and will be transferring over my Apex, another mp10, some live rock and inhabitants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cet98

looking good!....will be tagging along to see how it goes...are you intending on going barebottom or will you be transferring sand over as well?

charris24

I actually already have sand in. I put 40 lbs in and it was too much. So I pulled about 10 lbs out and it's much better. Once the dust settles and I can move some rocks around I will update. I used Carib sea special grade live sand. I thought about going bare bottom, but I love the look with substrate.

cet98

Special Grade is my go to substrate too....perfect grain size IMO for a reef....good choice :thumb:

Jep21

Looking good man.. Always wanted one of those 30fusions

charris24

Yeah I love it, both the sand and tank. I won the lottery with my score (the tank setup)!

charris24

Here is an update. I pretty much instant reefed it. Probably going to move the rock work around a bunch but this is where we are now.

charris24

Got my second mp10 back from being serviced, so two mp10 on alternating pulse. Picked up a royal gramma, and a few new pieces of coral (rainbow birdsnest, and a gold torch). Probably won't add more live stock for a while, time to let it all grow out.

charris24

Moved a little around today. I may have to quit tinkering and let things grow!

charris24

Two of the tanks are dry currently due to my landlords but this is what my future "fish room" has in store. Fusion 10 with Kessil a150w, fusion 30l with nanobox quad, and a 65 with a maxspect 10k. Still working on making the stand for the 65 a little more functional and attractive.