3rd time on same coral, birdsnest issue

FishBeard

Ok, so I started with a frag of sour apple birdsnest months ago, it seemed healthy and happy, then out of the blue the underside of the coral started dying off, had none of the trademark RTN signs, and after about half the skeleton died off, leaving mostly 1/4" nubs of polyps on the tips of each branch, I let it go and it eventually regrew back and continued to grow outward at that point. Later after it had doubled in size, it did the same thing and I again left it alone and it regrew and started to grow back out again. Now most recently, it has happened yet again, this time i have a nice small palm sized colony that is just bone with 1/4-3/8 of polyps at the tips of every branch YET AGAIN! I don't know if this is even worth bothering with anymore, as its a beautiful birdsnest coral, but is such a PITA to deal with. Its sitting around several other much more demanding acro corals, and a few other birdsnests that are all doing just fine. What would you guys do? It wasnt a ridiculously expensive coral, but its one I will likely not have the room to replace if I did find a source for a nice frag again in the future. Should I just toss it and make room for a different coral in its place, or give it another chance again?

Cubbies

I don't have much of an idea on it. But if you do plan on tossing it and still has life in it I wouldn't mind giving it a shot in my tank. LMK if that is the road you want to go. Hope someone can help you out before anything though George. GL!

FishBeard

Just toss it and try something else.
Thats kinda where im leaning with this. And Cubbies, no offence, but i wouldnt want to pass this coral on to someone else. If you want some clippings off it where its still alive, you can have em, but I wouldnt expect much from this in the future if its just some genetic defect in this coral.