4.8G Deskmate reef

brettz16

Hey everyone, Im finally getting back into reefing. I have had various tanks from nano cubes up to a 75g mixed reef. All of which were not as successful as i hoped for. Hoping to change that this time around.

This tank has been set up for about a month. Im just getting through the ugly green stage after and short and minor diatom bloom. I have already upgraded the light and pump and added a lid and ATO.

Everything seems to be doing good so far except the SPS. I think its because my flow is not enough and i just recently switch to reef crystals from Aquaforest sea salt. I have 2-outlet random flow nozzle coming so i hope that helps with flow.

Schedule:
1G weekly WGs using Reef Crystals
Daily feed: pellets
Change socks every 3 days

My current set up:
Eshopps Deskmate 4.8G total volume
Kraken Reef lid
AI sol light
Sicci Micraplus return
Prism ATO
25W Eheim heater
3D printed cord locks
10lbs live dry nano rock
5lbs carribsea fiji sand

Livestock:
Crew:
3x Blue hermits
1x emarld crab

Fish:
6-line wrasse

Coral:
Neon Kenya tree
Green/purple torch
Montipora (not sure which exactly)
Not sure on zoas (chime in if you know)

Lighting:
I knew i wanted to eventually keep a few SPS so upgrading the light was a no-brainer. I first tried the Fluval marine LED. I have to say, for $50 it was a great light.I had it for about 2 weeks before deciding that it wasn't enough blue for me. The corals did coral very nicely as you can see from some of the images. I then decided to upgrade again to the AI sol. I know ill eventually go bigger so having 1 sol already is nice.

Here is where i could you use your help. Let me know what you think of my current settings based on tank age and knowing this will be a mostly LPS and softy reef.
My current settings are very simple but ill adjust over time.
8am:
1-hour ramp up to
royal 60%
blue 60%
white 35%

630pm:
1-hour ramp down to
royal 0%
blue 3%
white 0%

9pm: all 0%

Attachments

Mjl714

Nice looking setup, I have a couple of AI Prime HD’s on my tank and use this light schedule. SPS, LPS and nems appear happy. Par meter rental would probably get you the best lighting levels for your tank.