40 Bredder AI 26 HD

Reefaholic

Premium member
Hi All,
Looking for opinions with the lighting for a 40 gal bredder that I’m currently setting up. It will be a mixed reef. I was thinking about running Two AI Hydra 26 HD over the tank, or possibly one Hydra 26Hd and two AI Primes HD next to the 26.
Anyone running Similar set ups? The lighting is the part of the hobby that I struggle with the most. I just picked up a Par meter as well so that should help.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Cubano32

Premium member
Hi All,
Looking for opinions with the lighting for a 40 gal bredder that I’m currently setting up. It will be a mixed reef. I was thinking about running Two AI Hydra 26 HD over the tank, or possibly one Hydra 26Hd and two AI Primes HD next to the 26.
Anyone running Similar set ups? The lighting is the part of the hobby that I struggle with the most. I just picked up a Par meter as well so that should help.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
I had a similar setup I ran 2 AI Primes non HD for about a year till.i upgraded to my 120g. I kept everything from softies, LPS, to harder SPS and the light grew everything.

I still have both my primes with mount if you are interested if you are looking for lights

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reefaholic

Premium member
I had a similar setup I ran 2 AI Primes non HD for about a year till.i upgraded to my 120g. I kept everything from softies, LPS, to harder SPS and the light grew everything.

I still have both my primes with mount if you are interested if you are looking for lights

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank for the offer but I already have these lights on hand.

My opinion Reef,

I had three Ai prime non Hd on a 50 gallon Sps dominant tank that grew Sps no problem. The great things about the Prime is you can angle them at each end to prevent shadowing if you use Ai's mounting brackets. So I vote for Hydra 26 in the middle and a prime angeled on each end and you can keep whatever you want with minimal shadowing. If you look up my previous 50 gallon setup on here, you may be able to see pics of the primes. Very versatile light!

Nick

Reefaholic

Premium member
My opinion Reef,

I had three Ai prime non Hd on a 50 gallon Sps dominant tank that grew Sps no problem. The great things about the Prime is you can angle them at each end to prevent shadowing if you use Ai's mounting brackets. So I vote for Hydra 26 in the middle and a prime angeled on each end and you can keep whatever you want with minimal shadowing. If you look up my previous 50 gallon setup on here, you may be able to see pics of the primes. Very versatile light!

Nick

That’s great, Thank You. I was thinking about that as well, 1 26Hd and two primes just because they will be easily adjustable.