40 breeder build

Well I have not been able to sell much of my old reef stuff and I wanted to try my hand in the sps world I have decided to set my 40 breeder back up while my 150 grows. It is drilled with a glass holes overflow, goes into a 29 gallon sump that will be simple with a marine pure brick, chateo, protein skimmer, and return. I am using an old ato, my old temp controller, my old return and I got a bubble magus curve 5 and an aquatic life edge reef led that I decided to take a chance on. I am thinking I will do 2 or 3 frags of different sps and let them grow with one or two small fish in the tank. Anyhow I got it setup on an old wood stand I built in high school, it is cycling and looking pretty good so far. Any stocking ideas are welcome!
View attachment 22327
View attachment 22328
View attachment 22329
View attachment 22330

PolackoTaco

get a sixline wrase, fairly small and will take care of pests and a algea eater maybe a small tang that can be grown in it til he can join in on in on the bigger tank

The six line is not a bad idea, I have two yellow tangs in the 150 already so I do not think I will do another one. I took a look at your tank, its very nice!

The tank seemed to have stabilized so I decided to get a couple fish in. For now it is just 2 green chromis's, two snails and a blue leg. They will come out and go into the 150 in a couple months. skimmer is on and pulling gunk out, ato functioning well, and temp controller is keeping this tank way more stable than it was able to do with the 150 when it was on that. Going to keep monitoring!

The tank is doing pretty good. got the chromis out and now have a black ice clown, tomini tang, and a tahitian flame hawk fish. Got my first SPS frags in, no idea what they all are but all doing pretty good it seems like.
The tank is now heading in a sps/frag tank direction, have some pretty cool zoas and palys in like Illuminati, gold mauls, goblins on fire, candy apple reds, and a couple more.
View attachment 23032