40 Breeder

Sjkarrow

Good Evening CR-

Just wanted to share my 40breeder that has been up and running since July. I am pretty active on RC however have been lurking around the forums here for a couple months and met a few people.

Light: Tek Elite 6x39
Flow: 2 Koralia 425's
Filtration: 1 AC 70 and 1 AC 50 each has Chemi-Pure Elite

The tank is filled with BRS Reef Saver rock with a few pieces of live base rock.

Fish:
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Dusky Wrasse
Blue Chromi
Black Sebae Clownfish
Allardi Clownfish

Inverts:
1 Gold Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp
3 Peppermint Shrimp
5 BTA's (2 Red and 3 Green)

Coral:
Torch
Frogspawn
Ricordea
Various Purple, Blue and Red Mushrooms
GSP
Waving Xenia
Acans
Neon Green Toadstool
Huge Toadstool
Duncas
Polyps/Zoas
Red Monti
Green Acro- not really sure SPS isn't something that I have typically dealt with.

Trying to figure out the last of the supplies I need to finalize the tank. I had a HOB Skimmer however gave it to my brother-in-law. I also have a 24 gallon nano cube with a trio of seahorses. I had only ordered 2 however the company sent me 3 for some reason...

Sjkarrow

i put that bubble tip on the magnetic rock and it moved within the first hour. it has been sitting in that place for the past 3 months or so i am not complaining.

watching it very (very) closely so i don't have a "chopped" anemone 1day.

Sjkarrow

so a few months have passed and the everything is growing pretty well. at this point i am trying to decide what my next upgrade should be...

A. Remove one of the two Koralia 425's and replace with a Vortech Mp10
B. Build a sump under the tank to house a protein skimmer and heater. Only issue here is the max size tank I can fit is a 10 gallon. Would that be ok for a small skimmer and return pump?
C. Leave as is since nothing bad is happening and corals are happy

any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks,
steve

jpadre98

Steve, tank looks great. I have a cpr bak pak that has been sitting in my basement for a year or so. I'm not far from you, in Cary. If your interested let me know, we can work something out.

Sjkarrow

i have a hard time saying exact size however at this point it's about the width of a 5 gallon bucket.

attached is a photo from when i picked it up from taylor t a few months back...

trying to figure out if a vortech will help get even better polyp extension along with benefit the rest of the tank