40% off Fist @ Petland Aquarium Adventure

DAS212

Title pretty much says it all, Petland Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates has 40% off all fish on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the next few weekends. I normally consider Petland to be the spawn of satan when it comes to housing and general knowledge of the animals they sell but this is a great sale and I feel like its a good opportunity to save some saltwater fish from almost certain death. I picked up a very beautiful female red mandarin and a royal gramma basslet for around $50 total.

- Dave

riv

Premium member
I stop by the one by ikea today n there prices were super high. So I told the worker n he told me they raise there prices for the sale. So I walk out empty handed.

The Petland in Bolingbrook always raises their base prices during a sale, so it seems you are getting a better deal. If you know the prices of particular fish, you can get a good deal, but you have to know. I remember awhile ago I was looking at Discuss and their normal prices were $50-70. During the sale, the "normal" prices were listed at $110-130, so 50% off would make them $55-65. So you really need to know the prices.

I picked up a sixline from them for $14 once during their half off sale, so you can get good deals.

Shovelman

Do you guys have specific examples of what they raise the price of fish wise, like a specific fish you noticed was marked up?

They raise the base prices of all of their fish, but after the discount, it still usually ends up being less than their usual price, the discount just isn't as big as they make it seem.

They've had the same Picasso Clownfish in there for months now, and during their last 50% off day, the base price was raised from around $100, to around $150, so the fish ended up being $75 instead of the $86 if you are a fish club member.

Some of their rare fish go up quite a bit more though. You just need to know prices and not buy blindly thinking it is a great deal.

Purple tang 1-2in $275 I know I'm still new but that's a lil high!
I posted that this same fish was selling for around $200 a week or two ago, so the discount ends up being like $35 off after this 40% off sale.