40tabulous

scotty

Well its finally here. I have the 40 up and running. A little about the tank. I'm in love with the light and my hang job. Super clean and no hood which i cant stand that look on anything smaller than 24 depth.

Stock
Rock

Light
Taotronics auto timer and dimmmable

Filtration
Cpr Backpak skimmer

30 lbs of aragonite sand
25 lbs of Marco rock
1 metric ton of love

Livestock
Coral Beauty pygmy angel
zoas
palys
hybrid euphylia
white pulsing xenia
ORA pink birdsnest
blue/light blue dotted mushroom
Leng Sy monti cap
RW one of a kind chalice
Walt's purple freak bonsai
Pink Bubblicious Chalice
Pink Watermelon Chalice
Bubble Gum Chalice
Blue/Green Acan
WCR matrix acro

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Just fabulous! !! Hope you have pictures of the 1 metric ton of love.. That is rare. :D. Can't wait to see the pictures and build...

scotty

havent decided what I'm going to keep, but I've made up my mind that there will be no fish in this tank. the corner tank with the fresh in it will be converted pending the death of those fish in the coming years, and when that happens, this tank will probably go more towards a balanced reef, but for now it is gonna be a coral/invert heavy tank.

Still undecided about SPS, but since there will be no fish, bio load minimal, i may have to go that route because the tank might be too clean. I def. have the light for it, so...again up in the air.

Tethered_Limbs

go all fuzzy sticks. maybe a couple monti's. with no fish it wont even take work. which one of those dudes on the tank is u?

scotty

THE dude. wedding pics at cantigny=boss. the girls could care less about the tanks, i have a whole roll of us on all kinds of tankage lol.

scotty

honestly, he told me every single name. forgot every single one. lots of orange, magic something or others. I like that they are a good mix.

scotty

I broke down and bought a fish. My wife sat there and talked to brian and i had no say, and we went home with a coral beauty and i must say i love her. Ill get a picture up when she decides to stay out of the rock long enough.

scotty

Welp. I was losing zoa afer zoa and nothing was really thriving. Thought it was wierd and my params checked fine and my birdsnest was full pe. Came down to a sundial munching. So that sucks.