65G DT+ 90 "frag" tank

Tkroll0321

Premium member
Well here goes. This set up has been a long time in the making but I'm finally getting there.

This is my 65G DT. I originally had a 57g but the overflow was in the right corner blocking half of my view on that end. The 36x18 foot print is as large as I can fit in that space so when I found this 65 I knew it was perfect.

Unfortunately I'm horrible a documenting the "build process". The stand and canopy was built by my neighbor with 3/4" marine grade plywood. I then painted them with marine paint, black in the stand and white in the canopy. My neighbor re does kitchens so he ordered me custom oak cabinet doors and sides. The front of the stand is two doors top to bottom with no center brace so I can easily pull my sump if I needed to. The canopy front folds up to allow easy access to the tank. My lights will sit directly on top of the canopy on cross braces.

My sump is custom by our own will luttman. From left to right it is return, skimmer/overflow, refugium. You can see above the sump I have a fan which is set as my "chiller" controlled by my RKL. I also have one in the hood doing the same. My top off is run from the basement and run by a JBJ ATO with a 50ml BRS pump. There will also be lines for auto water change using a Litermeter III. I will be running a SWC skimmer and am pumping water from the over flow section to the fuge with a maxijet and splitting that to my gfo reactor. I'm using a jaebo dc600 as a return pump which I love so far. I decided to go with a herbie overflow which has proven to be amazingly quiet! Sump is lit by 3 under cabinet puck lights which I'm really happy I found.

I will be running a RKL to power my fans, heaters, t5 lights, fuge light, and power heads. The head unit is mounted on the wall along with my RW-8 controller for easy control.

I am using reef flakes in the tank and have scaped it low with many over hangs to aid my LPS addiction. I will be lighting the tank with an IT2080 Led and 2 supplemental 24" t5s to help me keep full color in my acans.

That's all for now just wanted to get this started! Let me know what you think so far.

Tyler

Tkroll0321

Premium member
Well I finally got around to consolidating my other tank to the DT and picked up a bunch of new stuff as well. Here is an ok full tank shot.

Hopefully I'll get my camera out soon do I can get some better pictures. Most of what you see in there is acans!

lunacris

lots of goodies in there ! i like that frag tree hows the suction cup holding up ? how long has it been mounted

Tkroll0321

Premium member
lots of goodies in there ! i like that frag tree hows the suction cup holding up ? how long has it been mounted
There are suction cups on the top and bottom. It's been mounted for a few months in this new build. They are probably the best suction cups that I've used in any of my tanks. I recently had to slide it over a little and it was actually difficult. Well have to see how they hold up long term.

Tkroll0321

Premium member
Here are a few cool pics of my scoly's being little fatties

And one of my favorite pieces...

An original CC Black Hole Sun!