65G Reef Tank REBUILT

So I used to have a running 65G SPS dominated Reef tank.
I went to school for a while and leaving the care of the tank to my dad but unfortunately the tank crashed due to over feeding. I took the tank down yesterday but I'm also planning to set it up again this time with a sump and refugium.
In the process of rebuilding the stand so it will be furniture grade, I will also build a canopy for the tank. Any input will be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 11402View attachment 11401

Last edited:
Leak test today and it is a success. One small leak on the main drain near the valve but all I have to do is silicone the joint.
The sump can handle the siphon when the return is off but I'm going to drill 2 anti siphon holes in the return loc line just to be safe. Lol

Update

1 and a half month update with pics! 3 Barlett Anthias and 2 Green Chromis. Few SPS frags from local reefers! :D
Sorry I don't have a nice camera. All money spent on equipments and livestocks hahaha. All pics are taken with Iphone 5

madjoe

Premium member
Looks good i like the rock work also . But if u r like me im alway looking for more spce for coral lol if u could find a nice rock and conect the two piles together up high kinda bridge em will look cool and have some premo growing spots and still have the swim room . Just a idea looks great as is like i said im just always looking for prime spots for my sps u be amazed how quick u run out lol

Looks good i like the rock work also . But if u r like me im alway looking for more spce for coral lol if u could find a nice rock and conect the two piles together up high kinda bridge em will look cool and have some premo growing spots and still have the swim room . Just a idea looks great as is like i said im just always looking for prime spots for my sps u be amazed how quick u run out lol
I'm still trying to find a way to do that without the tonga branch rock. I think the tonga looks unnatural in the ocean imo. That's just me lol I know what you mean, space are becoming less and less now that I have over 10 sps frags. Picking up another 5 premium sps frags this coming weekend and those will be in the front and that's pretty much the whole front real estate of the tank right there lol. I need a bigger tank already haha

madjoe

Premium member
I'm still trying to find a way to do that without the tonga branch rock. I think the tonga looks unnatural in the ocean imo. That's just me lol I know what you mean, space are becoming less and less now that I have over 10 sps frags. Picking up another 5 premium sps frags this coming weekend and those will be in the front and that's pretty much the whole front real estate of the tank right there lol. I need a bigger tank already haha
I like tonga in some cases but it def wont look right there might have to rod some together id go with sme kinda rock u have to keep it looking clean for sure